jerkfight

The Introduction Thread

Hello. I'm Brad. I haven't been on these forums in ages. Being here gives me the same feeling I had when I visited to my old elementary school. Has Ash returned? He was awesome.

Edited by bEPIK

Hi @bEPIK and Welcome back :D.  Sadly @Ash has not been around in a while - since 2011 - and he seems not to be active on any of his other sites.  I hope he's well and that he may drop in someday B)

Heyo! 

I'd say I'm still beginning-ish/intermediate level in terms of paint.net, but I love it! I'm not a new user (I joined the forums almost a year ago as I'm posting this), but starting to look at this more, so I may as well start sharing some of my art <in the appropriate place ofc :)>

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Zneggalz said:

Heyo! 

I'd say I'm still beginning-ish/intermediate level in terms of paint.net, but I love it! I'm not a new user (I joined the forums almost a year ago as I'm posting this), but starting to look at this more, so I may as well start sharing some of my art <in the appropriate place ofc :)>

Hello and Welcome to the forum @Zneggalz  SO glad you are going to start your own Thread in the Pictorium.  (I note you already know where :D)

Welcome to the forum @Galaxy wolf.............  And, are you all going to be using Paint.net?  I notice you like Manga, there is a > tutorial on here <for making them :)

Edited by Pixey
moved to The Introduction Thread
  • Like 1

Hi everybody!

My name's Denise, but I go by Maggie most of the time. I had a very old graphics program, Photosuite Platinum. Twenty years I used it, and a couple of weeks ago it finally gave up the ghost (RIP). Most of my friends recommended I try Paint.net, that it was a fabulous program- and they were right. It's been fun getting to know it, but confusing, too...so I decided to try the forum. I've had a lot of 'A-ha! So that's how you do that' moments while reading the tutorials, and a huge amount of fun trying out all of the new plugins here while lurking. Seriously, you guys are amazing.

I'm very much a beginner, and I don't know how much I'll be able to contribute until I'm better at using the program-but I hope I'll be able to soon. I look forward to getting to know you all.

Welcome to the forum @Maggie!  So glad you like Paint.net, it's a wonderful program.

The forum is full of information and plugins!  Ask if you can't figure out something. One of us will be able to help. :)

Thanks for replying, @lynxster4, I hope to make a nice little nest for myself here. If I'm being honest I'm a bit intimidated, silly I know-but I'm determined to master this program.

Hello @Maggie and Welcome00014.gif

It's so nice to have you join up on our forum and we are always happy to help out.  We all had our 1st day on here once 😁

Welcome @Maggie

As Pixey says, we've all had our first time here and with using Paint.net.  Shout out for help and there's always someone willing to give it.  

I'm sure we're all still learning to some of the answers given in various threads

(translated with the help of the G ++ gle a web translator)

Hi,

As a new forum member, I would like to introduce myself. I'm from Germany and I'm a man over fifty years old. My English skills are very bad, so I need the help of G ** gle a web translator and dictionaries. So please excuse my mistakes in grammar and spelling.
I have known and used Paint.net for a long time and it has become my favorite drawing and image editing program. I use it for many purposes from drawing various technical track plans for my railroad hobby, but also for photos, postcards, and so on. Unfortunately, I have no technical skills to contribute to the development of useful plugins myself. But at least I'd like to thank you for the great plugins that are provided here and make paint.net really great. I would also like to give a small financial support, but I do not have a Paypal account and I am not a Windows store user, so I see no possibility for this at the moment.

Kind regards

MC Painter

Edit:

I have just read the basic rules of the forum and, oops ..., I have already disobeyed: "(24) ASCII-Swearing". I'll correct that now and try to stick to the rules better in the future. "I swear..."😉

Edited by MC Painter
  • Like 2

(Translated with the help of a web translator)

Thank you very much for the friendly welcome 😃, but I do not think I'm identical to McPaint. (Or am I forgetting?🙄). If I had known this member name, I would have chosen a more different nickname. Although it publicly allows inferences about my identity, MC in capital letters in "MC Painter" are the initials of my real name, it does not mean "Mc".

Kind regards,

MC Painter

🤣Hello @McPaint it's so nice to meet you :)  I once had a German boyfriend so the only German I know is "ich liebe dich" 🤣

Hello @Pixey, very nice ☺️, thank you. Unfortunately, most English-speaking people only know German words and phrases that do not sound as nice as yours. The more I am pleased about your reaction!

Edited by MC Painter