jerkfight

The Introduction Thread

Welcome Mate!  I've seen you around the forum.  Nice to 'meet' you formally.

In the style of out traditional trans Tasman rivalry - How about that cricket game? :lol:

Hello, everybody! I'm Steve :-)

I first got Paint.net close to a decade ago (is that even possible?) when I was looking

for a replacement for a piece of freeware which didn't work anymore. Long story short, I used it once, hated that I wasn't good at it, and didn't touch it again until 2011.

That's when I started self-publishing my books and I needed to do covers. Needless to say, my first attempts were terrible even though back then I thought they were fabulous. But I've gotten better, I swear!

I have several pen names and I was able to hone my skills over the years, having done hundreds of covers by now. Yes, hundreds. They're mostly short stories, you'll understand, but I also done some work for other authors.

I enjoy following tutorials since it teaches me techniques I would never have thought of. My favorite part of cover design is typography, doing text effects, that sort of thing.

I need another forum like I need a bullet in the head, so I don't expect to be very active here. I honestly joined because the search function didn't work for me anymore as a nonmember.

Still, it was high time I introduced myself since I've been visiting this forum for about four years...

@AgentGoodSpeed/Steve - I've said "Hello" in another thread but wanted to say it's great to have you here. Do hope you'll stick around. We have an incredible bunch of talented people here including artists, writers, coders and many other occupations and disciplines. The skill set you can tap into with a single post is just amazing!

@Riddley - We'll see YOU in the final. Bring tissues.

I agree with what everyone has said and plus, you can never be too old for art or learning new things.

Welcome to this forum Riddley and Agent.

And Riddley, one word of advice. Ego has skills. Plus, he's an administrator. It will be quite the face off. :D

Hello, my name is hunterc. I've been using Paint.NET for quite a while now; that is, maybe since 2008. I got this program because I heard of it during that year, and although it's no Photoshop, I got used to it quite easily.

Yo peeps. I'm Vivek :D

Been using PDN for quite some time, but I've never really checked the forums. All I do is random stuff with the same old fractals :P

I love this thing, and I LOVE the fact that it's free. I'm gonna donate the day I begin earning. 

I'm not so much of a creative person, but I like to experiment (it hasn't gotten me anywhere :P)

I only started browsing this forum yesterday, and I can safely say that you people are darlings :*

Hi there! I'm new and just learning my way around Paint.net. I'm an author and publisher, and a fellow author recommended Paint.net. I'm trying to learn enough so I can make my own book covers in the future. Plus, I've recently purchased a pretty good camera and I'm having fun learning to manipulate images. I took photography in high school but that was like a million years ago! Things have changed in photography since then. ;)

Looks like there's an update to Paint.net, so I'll have to go grab some data for my tablet! Ciao!

Edited by Markie Madden
  • Upvote 1

Welcome to the forum Markie Madden! ;)
There are a few other author/publishers on the forum, so hopefully there will be help if needed.

Hi Markie! Welcome to Paint.NET. I'm a published children's book illustrator and have used Paint.NET for a lot of my illustrations. You'll love it.

Hey all.  I'm going to reintroduce myself here, 'cuz I've been gone for AGES.  Back though!  Sorta.  Kinda.  I still have a baby, so time is short, but things have slowed to the point that I think I can devote a little bit more time to this great community.

So, Hi!  I'm David.  I'm from Indianapolis, IN and I have a beautiful wife (Natalie) and adorable baby (Calvin).  I work for a company called Salesforce and run a website called RedeemingCulture.com (which, fair warning, is a Christian take on popular culture).  My interests are gaming (video, tabletop, board, and card), Indianapolis, bicycling, geek culture in general (movies, comic books, sci-fi, fantasy), Jesus, and my family.  Not in that order.

I've used Paint.NET for my job, hobbies, and personal work for about ten years now, and I've been a mod on this forum for...I dunno, a while.  Five years?  Maybe seven?  I helped with the creation of the Pictorium and Tutorials subfora.  I've taken a couple of MASSIVE breaks for various reasons, marriage and baby being the two big ones.

I also like to help.  Hope I can help all of you at some point or another.  :-D

Good to be home.

Click to biggify.

post-46346-0-37169500-1440512137_thumb.j

Me and baby.

post-46346-0-30694300-1440511939_thumb.j

Wife and baby.

post-46346-0-25057100-1440512250_thumb.j

Me and wife and baby.

• Upvote 3

Good to see you back David! ;)

Good to be here, Red ochre! Glad to see some familiar faces still holding things down.

Roll up your sleeves David, we have work for you :mrgreen:

It's great to have you back on the team.

Let's make it happen. :) Looking forward to it.

...things have slowed to the point that I think I can devote a little bit more time to this great community.

That's just begging for another challenge... like another baby or something. :D

That's just begging for another challenge... like another baby or something. :D

This one just started crawling, but man he's a good baby.  We lucked out for a first.

Hi. I'm Lexie. I just joined couple of days ago.

Welcome to the forum Lexie, I hope you enjoy Paint.net as I and many other persons do.  :)