jerkfight

The Introduction Thread

Never too early. If you have images of your own you wish to show off, a Gallery is the perfect place to do it.

If you want help improving your works the Image Hospital is the place: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/8128-image-hospital-help-with-image-problems-here/

Hi. I scoured the net for hours, trying to find a program that could do what this one does. This program works better than photoshop in my opinion, and is so worth it. THANK YOU so much. The fact that it is free, and I could see what it did first, is amazing as well. The plugins make this program awesome. I'll definitely be throwing money at you, but it probably wont be much.

Edit: It is probably right in front of me, but where does one donate, exactly?

Edited by DarkPerin

Hello!

I'm an oldie on BBSs (been doing it for over ten years, was even a mod on a fairly busy forum for a while), but a newbie here. I'm not very young (I can remember when JFK was elected president of the USA...) but I still get around. Sorry, but I don't give out too much personal information, especially since I have the same username here as on other BBSs and don't want the trolls to be able to find another forum where I'm registered and learn too much about me. But I can say this much: I'm American, but I've lived in France for a long, long time. I'm married (my wife is German), have two adult kids, and I travel a lot, especially in Europe and Africa.

I have been working for years and years with an old paint program called "Image-In" that came with my very first scanner towards the end of last century. That program worked fine with Windows XP, even though it was originally made for Windows3! But I recently had to upgrade my computer and it won't work with Windows8, so I looked around for something else. I don't play around enough with graphics to justify buying a big professional program, and I tried downloading another program that is free and highly recommended, but wasn't able to figure out enough of the interface to even get started with it. Then I found Paint.NET a couple of weeks ago, and am liking it very much! So I decided to join the forum. I don't expect I'll be much of a regular, but I will be around a bit now and then.

In any case, thanks very much to all of you who work on developping it, writing plug-ins, and running the forum! :) I will definitely be making a donation, because it is worth something to me.

P.S. I'll have to think about an avatar, because the avatar I use elsewhere has a Greek quotation as part of it (from the New Testament in the original Greek) and this is a strictly English-only board. Maybe I'll just do without an avatar, if I don't post much. Hope that's okay.

Hi there Asyncritus!  

Welcome to the forum - it's nice to meet you.  

Don't worry about the greek quote.  Your Avatar is yours to do with as you please (in a family-friendly forum).  So long as it's not rude or offensive - you can go for it.  My username is Latin ;)

Hi, my name's James and I'm 17. I currently live in Australia, but was born in England. I have 7 weeks left of highschool and I'm low-key terrified :P I can't wait to get to know you all and develop as a graphic artist :)

Hi I'm Eathan Markson, and I joined 10-21-14 (today at the time of this post)

First off, no. Eathan is not my real name. It's an internet name I made up to use on multiple websites and other stuff. I'm a aspiring musician and I'm on here because I may be using paint.net for a few up-and-coming projects with friends and such. I may stick around afterwards. You guys seem like a cool community so far and I'm looking forward to conversing here. :D

Hello everyone!

I'm one of the newest members and this is my first post!

I've been using Paint.NET since as far back as 2010, lurking moslty in the tutorials and plugins sections as a guest, and it ocurred to me it was about time to create an account. I'm looking forward to participating as frequently as possible. So nice becoming an official newbie! :)

• Like 1

Hi Maximillian,

Welcome. There are a lot of nice people waiting to welcome you :)  . As you have been here for a long time you must know a lot about here. I myself have lurked here and there for more than a year before becoming a member on forum. So, have fun   :D

P.S. Plus+ our mods and staff are very kind and friendly.If you like, you can PM them and others for chat.  :)

Hello Maximilian and welcome to the forum.  Look forward to having you on here :) .

Hi all. I've been using Paint.net for a few years now. I do a lot of photo and video editing. I just joined to post a few thank you's to some plugin creators and tutorial writers that I found to be very interesting.

• Upvote 1

That is so nice of you - thank you for taking the time to stop by to post :D .

Hi

I am a 46 year old bloke who's neither a great photographer nor a great whizz with a computer.

I d'loaded Paint.Net 3.5 because it would run on XP last August.

I found it excellent for sharpening and resizing photos.

After reading a few tutorials on how stuff works here i decided to play with photo's eg change the colour of a t shirt etc.

Now I find I can put in a diff background simply by adding a photo as a layer and so forth.

The tutorials are excellent - especially after I figured what a "tut" was.

So I just wanted to say THANKS TO EVERYONE in probably my only post.

There is an excellent search facility here providing one doesn't over complicate the search term, and I enjoy the youtube vidoes plus as i said earlier the "tuts"

Cheers everyone

Plum

• Upvote 2

Ahhh - and how 'Plum' right you are thumbsup.gif  

So kind of you to drop in to say those things B) .

Thanks for taking the time to comment Plum! (I'm a 51 year old bloke that's still useless with computers!) :D

Paint.Net as well as love are attractive at any age!

Hey everyone, I've been on the forum for years now (on and off sporadically since July 2011!), but I am yet to make an introduction. So hello, my name's Reilly, I'm 18 years old and I'm originally from Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia. I spend most of my time in The Pictorium, but if you look reeeaaally hard, you'll find a tutorial in the Creations section and a couple of answers in the Paint.NET Discussion & Questions section too. If you ever have time, you should check out my gallery, I occasionally post some cool stuff.