jerkfight

The Introduction Thread

Hello all, glad to see that my favorite program has other fans :) i've been using PDN for a while but am just recently delving into its true potential. i know all the basics but i will still be the one asking questions on the tutorials - that is actually the primary reason why I made an account. :P anyway good to be here!

-Dex

Hello, I'm Daveski. I am new to Paint.NET but I wish I had downloaded it ages ago. It really rocks! It is far more intuitive than the rather abstruse GIMP (which I have recently uninstalled) & yet far better than MS Paint. I'm really impressed. B)

P.S. I have tried to upload an avatar from Photobucket (I made with PDN) & I'm having no luck. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dave

Edited by Daveski

P.S. I have tried to upload an avatar from Photobucket (I made with PDN) & I'm having no luck. Any suggestions?

Use the Gravatar option. It means registering but only takes a minute

Use the Gravatar option. It means registering but only takes a minute

OK, thanks for the info welshblue, is it a free service?

Edited by Daveski

Hello, I'm Daveski. I am new to Paint.NET but I wish I had downloaded it ages ago. It really rocks! It is far more intuitive than the rather abstruse GIMP (which I have recently uninstalled) & yet far better than MS Paint. I'm really impressed. B)

Dave

Welcome to the forum Dave I hope you have a good time around here :)

Pdn Impressed me enough to uninstall Photoshop CS5 extended, this is now my main image editor / creator B)

Welcome to the forum Dave I hope you have a good time around here :)

Pdn Impressed me enough to uninstall Photoshop CS5 extended, this is now my main image editor / creator B)

Thanks for the welcome nitenurse79. Yes, I nearly downloaded PDN ages ago but I thought I would give GIMP a go first. GIMP seems overly complex to a relative noob (like me) with image manipulation programs. What I especially like about PDN is that it has plenty of great simple effects & the like that an inexperienced user can utilise straight away. It's brilliant for touching up & improving jpeg files taken from a mobile phone camera. Quite a few people have told me PDN is as good as, if not better than, many Photoshop variants. I really am impressed with Paint.NET.

I think it will be a bit of a learning curve however. Looks fun! :)

Edited by Daveski

Welcome! I surely think you'll like it here. Lots of great tuts and an AWE-mazing program to use.

Hello HELEN, thanks for the welcome. It certainly is an AWE-mazing program. There are few things in life that I regret, one of them is choosing to download GIMP instead of PDN a few years ago. I found GIMP such hard going that it put me off trying any other image manipulation programs for ages. They say that you learn from your mistakes ... I certainly hope so LOL!

No worries.

Cymro ?

I was actually born in Worcestershire, but I was educated in Wales & have some Welsh relatives (& some Welsh ancestry). Also I lived in the Cynon Valley for quite a few years. So, although technically I am a Saeson I feel that I have a bit of Cymru in my soul. South Wales still feels like home to me whenever I visit it.

Edited by Daveski

Just became a member and wanted to say hello. I'm user of paint.net for post-processing as well as some finished works. It's not as tedious as many other paint programs, and the plugs are a real gem. We make renderings for products and wallpapers. Hope to contribute to the forum when I have time away from the site.

Edited by Visual

Hey... so I'm not actually new here. I just don't remember my password, nor do I have access to the original email address used to apply to this forum originally :P My old account was Jerkfight (the person who start this thread). Anyways I've been gone for a long time and recently having looked at my old work decided that I wanted to try to get back into the whole Paint.NET scene. Hopefully I'll be able to stay constantly active unlike before.