[FEATURE REQUEST] A polygon selection tool

Hey guys,
I know this type of suggestions has already been made but i would really love a polygon selection tool...
We have the lasso and the shapes which are great but aren't good when selecting using multiple lines...

There is the Polygon Tool plugin but you need to: Create a new layer, copy the one where you want your selection to be to it, use the polygon tool to create a selection, copy the polygon outiline to a new empty layer and then finally use the magic wand to make your polygon selection and use it where you want... This is way too slow...

I used Photofiltre before switching to Paint.NET and this is the only missing thing that can't be resolved with plugins (other missing features that can be corrected with plugins are the Editable Texts and Color Filter).

Please add it to Paint.NET, it would be very nice to have it and save a lot of time...

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Nope - PDN didn't have a polygon selection tool (beaten by toe_head).

The workaround is to render a Shape to an otherwise blank layer and use the magic wand tool :MagicWandTool: to select inside (or outside) the shape. Remember there are a huge number of third-party shapes available HERE.

• 2 years later...

I just want to grab a corner handle of a rectangle selection and move it independently from the other three corner handles, thus making it a non-rectangular 4-sided polygon selection.  This "move vertex" is a basic function in CAD.  Example: I have a photo of a rectangular object, such as a wall painting or LP album cover, but the photo was not taken squarely.  Stretching a corner or two slightly would bring the image into plum.  Rotate/Zoom command works for me in some cases, but it's limited to emulating the moving of a single vertex +x/+y or -x/-y, not +x/-y or -x/+y.  The plugins and workarounds are overly complex for such a basic move.  How do I go about making an enhancement request?

22 hours ago, PaddyMac said:

I just want to grab a corner handle of a rectangle selection and move it independently from the other three corner handles,

It's the rectangle selection tool. So you're always going to get a...rectangle! :)

Have a look at the Splinemaster or Shapemaker plugins for ......... oh :(

22 hours ago, PaddyMac said:

The plugins and workarounds are overly complex for such a basic move.