dipstick

Cool things I've made lately while learning blender.

The whole printer is less than 50cm high. The black bed the deer above is standing on is your print volume. Its 220mm x 200mm square with a maximum print height of 250mm. 

The print quality, density and added supports all affect the print time by a large factor. My "Dead Dog" sits on a base approx 25mm across and are 32mm long. They take about 30 mins to print in medium quality. At very high quality you could double that print-time.

https://all3dp.com/1/creality-ender-3-pro-3d-printer-review/

Amazon has the Ender 3 Pro by Creality for $269 USD. It looks good, though I can't come up with enough justification to buy one yet.

I just finished a fluid animation based on THIS TUT. I changed up the shading and lighting, but that's it.

UtMDqF0.jpg

bqoxI7e.gif

• Like 3

Wow @dipstick that's amazing.  I am feeling, ever so slightly, the urge to give this Blender thing a try - but it looks complicated 🙀

On 9/21/2019 at 11:39 AM, dipstick said:

Thanks Seerose and Lynxter4 for the rep points. I made a beveled glass mug here. I followed THIS TUT.

P5aVbT1.jpg

My goodness, these are all breath-taking, we could all end up questioning what reality/perception really is 😊

It's amazing how you've come so far in such a short time.  I'm in awe and full of respect.  Brilliant work mate

Thanks Welsh.

I didn't make this one, it's an existing model. I did modify it a bit though. It's an Old-School Chopper that is quite a work of art in my opinion.

file.php?id=41793

Edited by dipstick
  • Like 3

Love these animations @dipstick<3   I'm noticing the big double window reflection doesn't move on the ball (as it shouldn't!).

How in the heck did you achieve that?  Pretty cool!  😁

@lynxster4

Here is a compilation video link that demonstrates the power of Blender.
(I have not used Blender for CGI or animation, but have used it as a video editor.)

2 hours ago, lynxster4 said:

I'm noticing the big double window reflection doesn't move on the ball (as it shouldn't!).

How in the heck did you achieve that?   

I more or less followed THIS TUT. He didn't explain how he made the object, I had to figure that out on my own. The effect uses the "Displacement" modifier and an Empty to make the animation.

I've never used Blender for video editing and doubt that I would. There are much better free ones out there. I have my favorites already.

4 hours ago, lynxster4 said:

Love these animations @dipstick<3   I'm noticing the big double window reflection doesn't move on the ball (as it shouldn't!).

How in the heck did you achieve that?  Pretty cool!  😁

The rendering software in Blender uses a technique called "Ray Tracing":
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_tracing_(graphics)

Edited by HyReZ

2 hours ago, dipstick said:

I've never used Blender for video editing and doubt that I would. There are much better free ones out there. I have my favorites already.

I was only trying to share a Blender experience. I am aware of other free video editing apps that are easier to use than Blender. Since I own copies of Adobe Premier 5 and Pinnacle Studio 17, I mainly use them. For my CG work and I use Corel's Technical Designer (With Right Hemisphere's Deep Exploration 6 for 3D CAD and rendering) and Reallusion's iClone. Back in the late 1990's I was using Micrografx's  Simply 3D for CG and rendering. Simply 3D will not run in Windows 10 but I can still use it on my Windows 8.1 computer. As an art teacher I was able to get the software for 85% off.

Edited by HyReZ