dpant

Hangs and not responding very time I TRY to save a pic

Recommended Posts

This may be an old thread but I've just started having this exact issue. 

 

The application hangs for a while either in the Save As dialog or in the Save Configuration dialog. During this time, clicking the OK button is ignored and the dialog window cannot be moved. After a few seconds, I regain control and I can click the OK button to have the image saved to disk.

 

The problem started after version 4.2.1 (Final 4.201.7158.31906) got installed.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello @dpant and welcome :)

 

Please this if you have the Classic version of PDN:

 

First try running PdnRepair.exe

"C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\PdnRepair.exe"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Pixey said:

First try running PdnRepair.exe

"C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\PdnRepair.exe"

 

Nope. Tried it without success.

 

I believe, the "Save Configuration" dialog is where the problem is. And it happens the first time I try to save an image, mostly. When I click the "OK" button I can see the file saved to disk (in Windows Explorer) but the dialog remains visible and unresponsive. Funny thing is, clicking the application's icon on the Windows taskbar makes the "Save Configuration" dialog dissappear.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It hangs regardless of the filetype? (JPEG, PNG, BMP, ect.)   Same outcome?

 

Do you have any of these programs running?

Mirillis Action!, Window Blinds, EVGA PrecisionX, Powerstrip, MSI Gaming APP, Webroot, ATI Hydravision, Discord Overlay, MacType, Fraps, Asus ROG Sonic Studio,  Dolphin SuperNova.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah this sounds like a buggy shell extension, or a mapped network drive to a computer that's not responding very well (overloaded server or bad connection).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2019 at 11:49 AM, toe_head2001 said:

It hangs regardless of the filetype? (JPEG, PNG, BMP, ect.)   Same outcome?

 

Do you have any of these programs running?

Mirillis Action!, Window Blinds, EVGA PrecisionX, Powerstrip, MSI Gaming APP, Webroot, ATI Hydravision, Discord Overlay, MacType, Fraps, Asus ROG Sonic Studio,  Dolphin SuperNova.

 

I am only working with PNGs, to be honest.

 

None of those are on my computer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Rick Brewster said:

Yeah this sounds like a buggy shell extension, or a mapped network drive to a computer that's not responding very well (overloaded server or bad connection).

 

Hmm, OK.

 

I do have some mapped network drives ... and the only installed shell extension that I am aware of is TortoiseGit.

 

Anyways, today it works as it should without me changing anything. Only thing I did was some cleaning with CCleaner.

 

Let me keep an eye on it for a couple of days and get back to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.