Nudge Selection Box or Select Coordinates

Is there a way to adjust the selection box size and location a pixel at a time after you made the (rectangle) selection? Also, is there a way to enter a set of coordinates (x1,y1) and (x2,y2) and automatically have a rectangle selection box in that area. Maybe even a width and height instead of the second coordinate.

2 hours ago, Leo_Chan said:

Is there a way to adjust the selection box size and location a pixel at a time after you made the (rectangle) selection?

Yes, switch to the :MoveSelectionTool: Move Selection tool, and then use the arrow keys on your keyboard.

2 hours ago, Leo_Chan said:

Also, is there a way to enter a set of coordinates (x1,y1) and (x2,y2) and automatically have a rectangle selection box in that area. Maybe even a width and height instead of the second coordinate.

Yes, take a look at Paste Selection in the Edit menu.

Select 'Copy Selection' in Paint.NET's edit menu, paste into a text editor, change the coordinates, copy the changed text, use Paste Selection in Paint.NET's edit menu.

https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/EditMenu.html#9.2

Edited by toe_head2001
Add link to docs
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

• 1 month later...
On 8/9/2019 at 7:01 PM, toe_head2001 said:

Yes, switch to the :MoveSelectionTool: Move Selection tool, and then use the arrow keys on your keyboard.

Thanks, but I am only able to move the selection. Is it possible to change the size of the selection pixel by pixel too?

Edited by Leo_Chan

3 minutes ago, Leo_Chan said:

Thanks, but I am only able to move the selection. Is it possible to change the size of the selection pixel by pixel too?

Yes, just click and hold your mouse button on one of the selection box handles and tap your arrow keys to adjust the size.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i think that the question is if is possible to change size of selection (selected area without changing the picture) - i would expect something like point in the middle and corners  of square which would give possibility to change size of selection, but not changing the picture. Is this possible? ... or some future feature?

Hi, i think that the question is if is possible to change size of selection (selected area without changing the picture) - i would expect something like point in the middle and corners  of square which would give possibility to change size of selection, but not changing the picture. Is this possible? ... or some future feature?

1 hour ago, tms said:

Reshape.png

• Upvote 1