Jump to content

Nudge Selection Box or Select Coordinates


Recommended Posts

Is there a way to adjust the selection box size and location a pixel at a time after you made the (rectangle) selection? Also, is there a way to enter a set of coordinates (x1,y1) and (x2,y2) and automatically have a rectangle selection box in that area. Maybe even a width and height instead of the second coordinate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Leo_Chan said:

Is there a way to adjust the selection box size and location a pixel at a time after you made the (rectangle) selection?

 

Yes, switch to the :MoveSelectionTool: Move Selection tool, and then use the arrow keys on your keyboard.

 

2 hours ago, Leo_Chan said:

Also, is there a way to enter a set of coordinates (x1,y1) and (x2,y2) and automatically have a rectangle selection box in that area. Maybe even a width and height instead of the second coordinate.

 

Yes, take a look at Paste Selection in the Edit menu.

Select 'Copy Selection' in Paint.NET's edit menu, paste into a text editor, change the coordinates, copy the changed text, use Paste Selection in Paint.NET's edit menu.

 

https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/EditMenu.html#9.2

Edited by toe_head2001
Add link to docs
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, toe_head2001 said:

Select 'Copy Selection' in Paint.NET's edit menu, paste into a text editor, change the coordinates, copy the changed text, use Paste Selection in Paint.NET's edit menu.

 

TIL something new.  Thanks.

knightsig.png

Paint.NET Gallery | Remove Foreground Object Tutorial | Dispersion Effect Tutorial

”An artist should never be a prisoner of himself, prisoner of style, prisoner of reputation, prisoner of success.” ~ Henri Matisee

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 8/9/2019 at 7:01 PM, toe_head2001 said:

Yes, switch to the :MoveSelectionTool: Move Selection tool, and then use the arrow keys on your keyboard.

 

Thanks, but I am only able to move the selection. Is it possible to change the size of the selection pixel by pixel too?

Edited by Leo_Chan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Leo_Chan said:

 

Thanks, but I am only able to move the selection. Is it possible to change the size of the selection pixel by pixel too?

 

Yes, just click and hold your mouse button on one of the selection box handles and tap your arrow keys to adjust the size.

  • Like 1

Click to play:
j.pngs.pngd.pnga.pngp.png
Download: BoltBait's Plugin Pack | CodeLab | and how about a Computer Dominos Game

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, i think that the question is if is possible to change size of selection (selected area without changing the picture) - i would expect something like point in the middle and corners  of square which would give possibility to change size of selection, but not changing the picture. Is this possible? ... or some future feature?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, i think that the question is if is possible to change size of selection (selected area without changing the picture) - i would expect something like point in the middle and corners  of square which would give possibility to change size of selection, but not changing the picture. Is this possible? ... or some future feature?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, tms said:

Hi, i think that the question is if is possible to change size of selection (selected area without changing the picture) - i would expect something like point in the middle and corners  of square which would give possibility to change size of selection, but not changing the picture. Is this possible? ... or some future feature?

 

Reshape.png

  • Upvote 1

Click to play:
j.pngs.pngd.pnga.pngp.png
Download: BoltBait's Plugin Pack | CodeLab | and how about a Computer Dominos Game

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...