Sign in to follow this  
Rick Brewster

paint.net 4.2.1 beta build 7152

Yesterday's build has a few things that I'm fixing in today's new build. Hopefully I can get the final build pushed out to everyone for this weekend!

To get this update, make sure you have "Also check for pre-release (beta) versions" enabled in Settings, and then click on the Check Now button.

image.png.51ac1a0e6178336ca9f1573366b62c

Direct download link: https://www.getpaint.net/files/zip/test/paint.net.4.201.7152.40366.install.zip

Changes since 4.2.1 beta build 7151:

• Fixed: JPEG XR support is limited to Windows 8 or newer (it doesn't work on Windows 7)
  • Fixed: The old JPEG XR plugin is no longer blocked if you're using Windows 7 (btw it's actually more accurate to call it an HD Photo plugin)
  • Fixed: The mouse wheel may now be used to scroll the Palettes menu in the Colors window (thanks @AndrewDavid for the suggestion and @toe_head2001 for the fix!)

Changes since 4.2:

• New: JPEG XR file type support
  • Fixed: Holding Ctrl when dragging a selection with Move Selected Pixels will again leave a copy behind (but only with the mouse)
  • Fixed crashes when saving DDS images
  • Fixed VTF plugin compatibility; it was not working in 4.2 except for images that were an exact power-of-2 size on each dimension
  • Fixed: .BMP files can be opened even if they're not actually BMP images (they still need to be a valid WIC-supported file type such as PNG, JPEG, etc.)
  • Fixed (stabilized) menu ordering of effect plugins that have duplicate names
  • Fixed metadata handling that was preventing some images with EXIF tag 330 from being able to load
  • Fixed metadata preservation for old images that pad EXIF string values with null terminators
  • Fixed title bar text color when using certain custom accent colors in Windows 10
  • Fixed very bad performance when opening large images with embedded rotation metadata
  • Like 2

I'm happy to report that since upgrading to Windows 10 - 1903 ................... my Ctrl + D is working again 😃👍

Many thanks @Rick Brewster for the latest build too 🍦🍺

Well, nothing changed in the app... this leads me to believe it's something on your end.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ReMake said:

Open the Resize dialog and try to change any size:

ResizeUI.png

I fixed this already but thanks for reporting it :)

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Rick Brewster said:

Well, nothing changed in the app... this leads me to believe it's something on your end.

It took me all day yesterday trying to figure it out.  Finally, when I updated to Win 1903 it worked again :music:

Now I'm a very happy bunny as I didn't realize how much I used that shortcut until it was gone :lightning:

(P.S. I'm enjoying the 1903's way of getting emojis .......... Press Windows logo and a period (.) Very fast indeed.)

• Upvote 1