problem dds file prewiev

Application version: paint.net 4.2

System.FormatException: The DDS file is invalid.
   in DdsFileTypePlus.DdsNative.Load(Stream stream)
   in DdsFileTypePlus.DdsFile.Load(Stream input)
   in DdsFileTypePlus.DdsFileType.OnLoad(Stream input)
   in PaintDotNet.FileType.Load(Stream input) in D:\src\pdn\src\Data\FileType.cs:riga 481
   in PaintDotNet.Functional.Func.Eval[T1,TRet](Func`2 f, T1 arg1) in D:\src\pdn\src\Base\Functional\Func.cs:riga 158

but my paint installed in  😄 \

why the program search in this 

in PaintDotNet.FileType.Load (input stream) in D: \ src \ pd \ s Data \ FileType.cs: riga 481 
   in PaintDotNet.Functional.Func.Eval [T1, TRet] (Func`2 f, T1 arg1) in D: \ src \ pdn \ src \ Base \ Functional \

Could you upload one of the DDS files?

I am wondering if the files are a different format with a DDS file extension.

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MIC |  Paint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

I checked this list - no matches there either.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_file_signatures

I suspect this is a proprietary format Konami has developed and stuck the DDS extension on.

1 hour ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

I suspect this is a proprietary format Konami has developed and stuck the DDS extension on. 

My guess is that the file has been extracted from a Konami game archive, and that the extractor wrote the file to disk using its original name without decoding the proprietary format the archive file entries use.

Googling "WESYS" game archive comes up with a bunch of hits for Konami games, including several descriptions of the format.

The "WESYS" file entry format appears to consist of a 16 byte header followed by the zlib-compressed file data.

• Upvote 1

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MIC |  Paint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait