Layer Blending Problems

Lynn King

So the images I'm providing may seem a little strange, but I make my own photoshopped memes on Instagram, so that's why they're weird. Anyways, I've always had problems with layer blending. It always looks weird or doesn't turn out right, so I was wondering if anyone knew how to solve a problem like this (I don't want to have to switch to GIMP or something): https://youtu.be/ELcDbEsLcNo
As you can see in the video, none of the options blend correctly to match the color. I tried using the recolor tool, but here's my problem with that:

Again, it doesn't correctly match.

Does anyone know a plugin/extension/whatever that could help me correctly blend?

Forums_signature.png.5e0fda629a3de66487cd75fc87ae2fc0.png
Check out my Instagram where I make photoshopped memes!
Instagram.com/lynnking_og

There's a nice mini-tutorial here:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

27 minutes ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

Sorry for the double post, but I ran into another problem. The Hue/Saturation can't be matched well. Here's what I mean:

Do you know of any other post/plugin/etc. that could help me with this? I've been trying the minute you gave me the link, and I still can't seem to get the right color.

9 hours ago, welshblue said:

One thing I would suggest is to not have such a 'hard' join between the 2 images.  Use a large eraser size on a hardness of about 10% to blend in the top image.  On this one I used Curves on Luminosity settings - Brightness/Contrast can also help.  Sometimes duplicating the imposed imaged and playing with Blend Modes and Opacity can make a difference.  It's suck it and see because 99% of the time the lighting and skin tones will never match ... which is why blending in with soft edges minimises the join

I didn't completely understand what you were talking about when you said you used "Curves on Luminosity settings". I tried out the curve tool and searched around, couldn't find anything. I also tried using the eraser at 10%, and for some reason it was erasing the same as it would on 100%. The brightness/contrast part did help me out though. I got it looking a little better with that. I then looked up a face swapping tutorial to see if I can find something in more detail. I found one and all I got from it was to use the feather object a bit more, so I used that a few times, turned down the opacity a little, and ended up with this: http://prntscr.com/oel1wl
Thanks for the help guys.

13 hours ago, Lynn King said:

Do you know of any other post/plugin/etc. that could help me with this? I've been trying the minute you gave me the link, and I still can't seem to get the right color.

I would look into Color Balance either by BoltBait or dpy.

1 hour ago, Lynn King said:

I also tried using the eraser at 10%, and for some reason it was erasing the same as it would on 100%

I'm not sure if you are using PDN 4.1.6, but the eraser set at 10% makes the edge softer than it would at 100%.  My default setting for the eraser is at 0% so I can make the edge disappear when I can.

• Like 1

I tried Curves on RGB setting, Hue/Saturation, Color Balance, and a little Brightness/Contrast, then @welshblue's method with the eraser. After all that duplicate the face and it's finished. It's not perfect but......

XF0DQDW.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1