Rick Brewster

Fixed copy of Midora's ImAGIF FileType plugin (v0.13)

35 minutes ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

This version is includes hidden layers in the animation.

That's always been the case with this plugin, hasn't it?

Has it? I'm not so sure - unless I discovered the same issue previously and simply deleted the unecessary layers 🙄

I don't want to derail this topic, but how can you have 'hidden layers', that don't show up in the Layers window?

You make layers and somehow 'hide' them?  Just asking out of curiosity...this is baffling to me.   🤔

I can confirm that:

1.  Rick's works fine.

2.  Toe's only works if all layers are checked.    Fixed

As for layers, I always got rid of (deleted) any unwanted layers before I went to Save As, because if not, those layers messed up the flow of the gif.

11 minutes ago, Pixey said:

2.  Toe's only works if all layers are checked.

Did you download the newer build I posted yesterday?

The layers issue should only be in the build from two days ago.

Now working fine @toe_head2001.  I'd forgotten to change the .pdb as well 😱 🙀

Many thanks for fixing this Plugin.  It's very much appreciated :D

4 hours ago, lynxster4 said:

.... how can you have 'hidden layers' ...

Hidden = Non-visible = Unchecked

Different ways to say the same thing.

Now that it is fixed can I, or someone, change the Zip on Midora's page ?  After that, I can update my Tutorial on the subject too :)

I see this one is the current thread, I stupidly posted in the old one. All seems to work until saving, I cannot save gifs ("there was an error while saving the file"). This are the details.

Application version: paint.net 4.2.1

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.

Parameter name: index

at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)

at PaintDotNet.Data.Quantize.Quantizer.ReplacePassWithDithering(BitmapData in32Data, List`1 lc, Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 ditherLevel, ProgressEventHandler progressCallback) in C:\src\github\ImAGIF.FileType\PaintDotNet\Data\Quantize\Quantizer.cs:line 418

at PropertyBasedFileTypes.ImAgifFileType.DoSave(Document input, Stream output, PropertyBasedSaveConfigToken token, Surface scratchSurface, ProgressEventHandler progressCallback) in C:\src\github\ImAGIF.FileType\PropertyBasedFileTypes\ImAgifFileType.cs:line 275

at PropertyBasedFileTypes.ImAgifFileType.OnSaveT(Document input, Stream output, PropertyBasedSaveConfigToken token, Surface scratchSurface, ProgressEventHandler progressCallback) in C:\src\github\ImAGIF.FileType\PropertyBasedFileTypes\ImAgifFileType.cs:line 542

at PaintDotNet.FileType.Save(Document input, Stream output, SaveConfigToken token, Surface scratchSurface, ProgressEventHandler callback, Boolean rememberToken) in D:\src\pdn\src\Data\FileType.cs:line 276

at PaintDotNet.Dialogs.SaveConfigDialog.<>c__DisplayClass48_0.<UpdatePreviewAsync>b__0() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Dialogs\SaveConfigDialog.cs:line 604

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()

--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at PaintDotNet.Dialogs.SaveConfigDialog.<UpdatePreviewAsync>d__48.MoveNext() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Dialogs\SaveConfigDialog.cs:line 623

Any ideas? It's simple 2 frame gifs. I can't see what could go wrong.

Edited by Gifcat