Sarah1

Paint.NET won't install

I have tried to install Paint.net again onto my computer after a system clean up. I am running Windows 7, so it asked for Windows 7 SP1 which I updated to and still wont install. Any advice welcome. Kind regards

34 minutes ago, Sarah1 said:

and still wont install.

What's stopping it now? Do you see another error message or anything?

Did you fully update MS .NET Framework? That is presented in Windows Update as an optional install so I'd suggest checking it is actually installed and up to date.

Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features - this should show you Microsoft .Net Framework 4.7.2 version 4.7.03072 as an installed program.

Whether it is installed or not go to:-

Control Panel\System & Security\Windows Update and check the optional updates offered there.

Edited by IHaveNoName

On 7/4/2019 at 1:21 PM, toe_head2001 said:

What's stopping it now? Do you see another error message or anything?

HI! Thank you for replying...

It says something to do with og files? I am trying it again so I can properly take notes on what the error message says. sorry lol

On 7/5/2019 at 8:18 AM, IHaveNoName said:

Did you fully update MS .NET Framework? That is presented in Windows Update as an optional install so I'd suggest checking it is actually installed and up to date.

Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features - this should show you Microsoft .Net Framework 4.7.2 version 4.7.03072 as an installed program.

Control Panel\System & Security\Windows Update and check the optional updates offered there.

Just checking now if it is all up to date, thank you :)

On 7/5/2019 at 8:18 AM, IHaveNoName said:

Ok this is what I can see...

mirconetupdate.thumb.png.44e5060d087476cf9a213f8e1d5c5f09.png

toe_head2001

That's the installed updates page not the available updates or the main Programs and Features.

From the fact there are installed updates obviously you have MS .NET Framework 4 installed. The only thing I can suggest is that you do not have the most recent updates. My Win7 (64bit) system shows (11) updates your one only (9) so maybe, just maybe those two missing updates are the problem.

Currently (I've just checked) under optional updates there is a monthly (06/19) roll out MS .NET Framework update preview pending which I would not install at this time and a preview of the full monthly roll out too likewise*. But, as said, if you go to Control Panel\System & Security\Windows Update and check the other optional updates offered and there should be two other MS .NET Framework ones.

It is a long shot as regards resolving your problem with PDN but whatever the case it can't hurt updating. Never thought I read myself saying that about any program update but with MS .NET Framework you do not really have a choice. :):(

If updating that does not help then, as toe-head2001 said earlier, if you're getting some sort of Windows error message about the problem then it could help pin point what it is if you can provide more details.

* Those are now (10.07.19) officially out of preview and marked as "important" updates.

Edited by IHaveNoName