Parallel lines?

So I want to make two lines that "follow" one-another, like picture below. I want to make border lines for my map.

The image below is created by drawing one solid color line, and another with either dotes or lines - but the problem is, while it is easy to follow one line with another on the small scale or when the line is straight, it is problematic to follow it when it is curvy.

Is there any way for me to simultaneously draw both lines, or at least to draw one and then have some plug-in do adjust another line to first one?

Screenshot_2.png

5 hours ago, last_dovahkiin said:

Is there any way for me to simultaneously draw both lines, or at least to draw one and then have some plug-in do adjust another line to first one?

Screenshot_2.png

At this point, you're going to have to use a vector supported software. Raster don't translate very well to adjustable lines.

G'MIC Filter Developer

Hello @last_dovahkiin :)  The only thing I can think of - at this minute - is that you can make yourself a brush (make a small .png), like this:

red-brush-3.png

And, using either Custom Mini Brushes or Brush Factory you can draw the lines.  I have yet to successfully upload a brush to Brush Factory, but it works, kind of, with Custom Mini Brushes using the RIGHT click on your mouse to drag the brush over the canvas.

make-own-brush.png

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Thought experiment:

1. Draw your solid line on it's own transparent layer.

2. Duplicate the layer (next two steps use this new layer)

3. Apply Motion blur in a direction which approximates the width of the dotted band.

4. Apply Halftone to make the motion blurred gradient into dots. 

• Like 2

Ed Harvey's Halftone works better than TR's regarding the surrounding transparency.

Other plugins to consider: Alpha to dots does quite a nice job.