I have my hand written signature on paper.

I am new to Paint.NET. I have my hand written signature in black ink on paper with a gray and white background, and I have saved the signature as a .png. How can I extract the signature with outer and inside letter spaces being transparent and save it so I can use it as an insert on a document or a pdf?

Sould it be saved as another file type? What is the process to extract the signature?

Running v. 4.1.6.  Win.7 s.p.1

Please detail correct response, and thanx bunches.

It would help if we could see the image (or at least part of it, if it's sensitive... being a signature and all).

It would probably be easier to extract if you re-write your signature on white paper; rather than the mixed gray and white paper.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

I am attaching a portion of the signature. Obviously zoomed in. I started, in regular paint, to remove the shading and white. Whew! Very difficult.

In Paint.NET, I was able to highlight only the signature (it had a flashing selection highlight indication). I forget how I did it. I could not figure how to save it independently.

IMG_0059-crop.png

Edited by jlchj
Image and selection description