I cannot Re-Install after uninstalling the Paint.NET

Delokir

I don't know what caused it, but Paint.Net, simply didn't open. I press it to open and it instantly crashes. Then I decided to uninstall it to re-install it.

But once I attempted to re-install, I got this message once I tried using installer:

---------------------------
(null)
System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'PaintDotNet.PdnInfo' threw an exception. ---> System.ArgumentException: Customized cultures cannot be passed by LCID, only by name.
   at System.Globalization.CompareInfo.GetCompareInfoWithPrefixedLcid(Int32 cultureKey, Int32 prefix)
   at System.Globalization.CultureInfo.get_CompareInfo()
   at PaintDotNet.PdnInfo.CalcIsFinalBuild() in D:\src\pdn\pdn_35x\src\Resources\PdnInfo.cs:line 121
   at PaintDotNet.PdnInfo..cctor() in D:\src\pdn\pdn_35x\src\Resources\PdnInfo.cs:line 117
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at PaintDotNet.PdnInfo.HandleExpiration(IWin32Window owner)
   at PaintDotNet.Setup.SetupWizard.MainImpl(String[] args) in D:\src\pdn\pdn_35x\src\SetupFrontEnd\SetupWizard.cs:line 1044
   at PaintDotNet.Setup.SetupWizard.Main(String[] args) in D:\src\pdn\pdn_35x\src\SetupFrontEnd\SetupWizard.cs:line 976
OK   

I copied PdnRepair from other PC to use it - it Didn't work:

I tried using installation fixer MicrosoftProgram_Install_and_Uninstall.meta - it didn't work. Using the uninstall option and typing in the Paint.net's product key in it only deleted some files of it, but still didn't solve anything. 

Edit: After that I thought that maybe some registry keys are making it behave like that, so I deleted all registry keys that had "Paint.Net" and "PaintDotNet" words in them.

Still no effect.

Edited by Delokir

What do your Region settings in Windows look like? Have you customized any of these settings?

These settings can be accessed in the Control Panel and in Settings (on Windows 10).

regionSettings.png

• Upvote 1

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

Also, if you're trying to install Paint.NET v3.5, we will not offer special help for that.  Here on the forum, support is only offered for the most recent version of Paint.NET.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

5 hours ago, toe_head2001 said:

What do your Region settings in Windows look like? Have you customized any of these settings?

These settings can be accessed in the Control Panel and in Settings (on Windows 10).

regionSettings.png

Tried it.

I saw the difference.

in Language format there was:

English (Europe)

Then I switched to:

English (United States) 

It worked!

Now I'm curious: Why does English (Europe) and English (United States) makes a difference for Paint Dot Net?

And yes, I use old version of Paint.Net, because it runs well for me. And also because newest version of Net. Framework cannot be installed, because my hardware is too old to install it or something like that. But still.

Thank you for the help, despite me using older version. I'm glad that the problem/solution here was in the area of support of your. Thank you.