Character Map

Hi I have downloaded Canvas script to paint.net which is a PUA encoded font.  The help for the font says you have to use the character map to add the splashes and splats that go in the private area.  I read a forum post on here about installing a character map and picked up from that there is a WhichSymbolPlus plug-in available.  I have installed this to paint.

What I don't know is what to do now.

When I click on Canvas script in the font drop down menu on paint the characters appear without the splashes and splats and I can't see how to access the plug in.

I am not very tech savvy I am afraid so if you do take the time to reply (thanks) please bear this in mind!

Best wishes and thanks

Sonya

Hello @Sonya and Welcome :) 

The Which Symbol Plus goes into the paint.net Effects Folder and then is found here:

which-symbol.png

It can only find symbols/text that are already in the Windows Font Folder on your computer.

I don't think paint.net can work with script.  Here is a post in another thread by @Rick Brewster about script:

Sorry, there isn't yet any scripting support. Someday ? The list of stuff to implement is very long ... although scripting and a richer plugin API have an amplifying effect, so it may see the light of day sooner rather than later.

EDIT: Please disregard above.  So, we have to work out how to get that font you need, into the Windows Font Folder.  I have read this article on the

subject, but I need more time to work it out.  Hopefully someone else will know before I solve it 😁

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Thanks so much @Pixey.  I have found the WhichSymbolPlus in the Effects folder and been able to use it so that is good news.

As you said though it doesn't help get the extra effects with the Canvas font. I had a quick look at that article link you posted but it's a bit beyond me I'm afraid.  Thank you for taking the time to have a look for me.

@HyReZ thanks that's where I got the info about the WhichSymbolPlus  plug in before I installed it.

Many thanks all for your help.

Best wishes

Sonya

Edited by Sonya

Hi @Sonya.  I did a bit of research and found out this:

1.  Download Canvas Script (you can use the link @HyReZ gave) - I logged in with Facebook.

2.  Go to top tool bar - Free Fonts - canvas script.

3.  Below the video is the free download in blue.

4.  Save the Zip and open it.

5.  Go to Control Panel on your Computer and add the Canvas-Regular.otf to the Font Folder.

What I've discovered is that you can then pull it up in the WhichSymbolPlus................. BUT you would have to add a new layer in paint.net, and move the text yourself, as each time you type the text appears over the first one.  Most annoying.  Also, I notice that they only give you one free font with the free download, then if you want more, you must pay.
It does, however, work when you use Word.

Canvas.png

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

4 hours ago, Sonya said:

@HyReZ thanks - that's the article I have already read but it's not specific to using Canvas font in paint.net. 

It is specific about using the Windows Character Map that Rick has also suggested; with the Canvas Script font that is being discused here.

I tried to use the Character Map but it doesn't show up the script that @Sonya is looking for.

Actually Canvas font DOES now show up in the Windows Character Map (as I saved it previously explained in an earlier post) into the Windows Font Folder.  However, although I see it in the Character Map I have tried, in vain, to copy and paste to no avail as per instructions in the link here :(

30b8T8B.gif