Sign in to follow this  
StanC

Convert pdn to jpg

I tried to save as Jpg and nothing happened. Eventually after messing around for a long time I did find a way. I hope this will help others

Open the pdn file in paintnet

Save as tif file

Open the tif file in paint and then save in paint as jpg

I'm not sure if that is StanC's problem. It might be that but the description is unclear to what he actually meant by: "I tried to save as Jpg and nothing happened..." . At what point that " nothing happened...." occurred is the pertinent matter.

When saving a JPG or any other format as a JPG choosing Save or Save As  from the PDN menu there should be a save configuration preview screen with JPG save quality settings immediately before you save.

Click OK to save and it will automatically save over the original image file, if you used Save, without warning. 

Whether or not the save image format was changed using the Save As options you should still next get a save configuration screen you have to click the OK button to save. If you are changing a PNG or other image file format to JPG the JPG will be saved alongside the original PNG unless you change its save location.

If he is not getting that save preview screen in either case there is something else going on.

Maybe he used Save and saved the JPG correctly and he did not realise it had overwritten the original image file. If it is a small file the save progress screen is almost instantaneous. 

Edited by IHaveNoName

28 minutes ago, IHaveNoName said:

Maybe he used Save and saved the JPG correctly and he did not realise it had overwritten the original image file. If it is a small file the save progress screen is almost instantaneous. 

You do correctly point out that there is information omitted about the exact nature of the problem! It is revealed that there is a PDN file that exist to recall and create a TIF from, so it its possible to produce a copy of an overwrriten image if that has indeed what has occured.

Edited by HyReZ

On 5/6/2019 at 3:20 PM, HyReZ said:

Greentings,

All of that isn't necessary! Just select 'Save as" and then select JPG.
PDN_Save_As.jpg

Follow the link below and scroll down and read: 'Save', 'Save As', and 'Save All'

https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/FileMenu.html

I tried  that some time ago and at least for me I was not able to save the  pdn as a Jpg directly 

That is indeed curious. I have been using PDN since 2009; on a host of computers; and have never expreienced that problem.
Strange days indeed!

3 hours ago, StanC said:

I tried  that some time ago and at least for me I was not able to save the  pdn as a Jpg directly

What stopped you? What happened when you tried?