Swapping Colors in Camouflage

Hanks_Hill

Hello, I'm having some trouble with this camouflage pattern, and could use some help figuring out how to fix it. I've been editing this image and used the "recolor" tool to apply the grey/black scheme while keeping the original camouflage pattern in tact, but the problem is that the dark grey areas should be light, and the light grey areas should be dark. I can't seem to find a way to "swap" these. Attached is a screenshot of the image that I'm working with. Is there any way to do a sort of "swap" of these different tones, or will I have to use a different photo editor that may have that feature?

image.png.780630f5e376d0853cc882cfb084c5fe.png

7 minutes ago, BoltBait said:

Like so?

Invert.png

Of course, this is just a rough, 5-second job.

Not exactly. I need to pretty much swap the colors such that the dark grey/black becomes light grey and vice versa, rather than just turning the dark grey into a lighter grey. They strips of much lighter grey in between the triangles also need to stay the same color. 

Well, here's what I did:

Use magic wand to select all brown areas. Press Ctrl+I to invert selection. (Now, all gray areas are selected.)

Use Adjustments > Invert Colors (Now, all dark areas are light and light areas are dark.)

Use Adjustments > Brightness / Contrast and adjust brightness all the way down (Now, we're getting close to the shading before.)

Use Adjustments > Brightness / Contrast and adjust brightness to taste. (Match the middle gray as best as you can.)

So, you see... all the dark areas are light and all the light areas are dark.

12 minutes ago, BoltBait said:

Well, here's what I did:

Use magic wand to select all brown areas. Press Ctrl+I to invert selection. (Now, all gray areas are selected.)

Use Adjustments > Invert Colors (Now, all dark areas are light and light areas are dark.)

Use Adjustments > Brightness / Contrast and adjust brightness all the way down (Now, we're getting close to the shading before.)

Use Adjustments > Brightness / Contrast and adjust brightness to taste. (Match the middle gray as best as you can.)

So, you see... all the dark areas are light and all the light areas are dark.

It sounds like this should work with some tweaking. Thanks a lot, I'll give it a shot