Rick Brewster

paint.net 4.1.6 is now available!

On 3/25/2019 at 11:50 PM, BoltBait said:

While I generally agree with that, the fact is, the old icons were very broken on high DPI (4K) screens.

Hy,
i made an other post in a different tread bevore i read this now (and understand a bit why you "must" change the Icons),... BUT - i dont have a 4K Monitor (on Laptop) und sure the Rest of the world not everybody have one also - and will have one in the next time as an standard! So i dont understand why you ignore this true and give problems for the rest of the useres with "normal" hardware? It looks so terrible and it is not sharp and bad to see (specially with dark skin) . This isnt something better - this is just sad (for non 4K - Monitor - users). See also the picture what here was postet - is this not a argument?
If it is already developed in view of the future, but should at least be the possibility to adjust the old icons for the skin if you do not have 4K resolution available? Please.

Regards, Paul

(sorry, english isn,t my native language)

I do not have a 4K monitor either and the changes do not disturb me. It took me just a couple of days to get familiar with the new icons. I already forgot what the old icons looked like. What amazes me the most is the diskette icon. Who has one? 😄

I've still got a copy of DOS 3.3 on 5.5" floppies....one day these might be worth something! 😁

I still have a copy of Windows 386 (v2.10) on 5.25 disk with the original packaging and manual. $$$ 🙂
Is there a 16bit version of Paint.NET? 🙂

Has anyone got any thoughts as to why the Layers Thumbnails would suddenly decide not to load and just have the blue circle for 10 minutes ?

buffering.png

Switching between 4 files and it suddenly went like that, until I shut down PDN.  No problem on reopening