azaro360

The file or directory is damaged and unreadable

hello i want to start with the fact that i am aware that other people made forums about this probleme , and i want to say that i tryed every single "repair" they hade , i tried installing .net , but i hade the last version , i tryed to delete the Temp folder , i tryed to delete every single file that was related to the software , i tried installing the latest C++ veyd and downloaded another version in case it was updated but it didn't even let me install it insted it gave me the same error wish you probebly know is :"

System.TypeInitializationException: Une exception a été levée par l'initialiseur de type pour 'PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.FileSystem'. ---> System.IO.IOException: Le fichier ou le répertoire est endommagé et illisible.

à System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   à System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.CommonInit()
   à System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler, Boolean checkHost)
   à System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern)
   à PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.FileSystem..cctor() dans D:\src\pdn\src\SystemLayer\FileSystem.cs:ligne 513
   --- Fin de la trace de la pile d'exception interne ---
   à PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.FileSystem.TryDeleteFile(String filePath)"

i've been trying to get a soulution for the past 5 houres so please help me out 

Hello @azaro360 and Welcome to Paint.net :)

I'm afraid you should not try to delete files like that.  You will now have 'bits' left over which will not allow another download.

Please use this utility:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed

and clean your computer. Then go to the correct link to download the software again:

https://www.getpaint.net/download.html

hello and thanks for the responce , but i alredy tried this microsoft fix but it didn't work , i cleaned my pc and tried again but its the same 

Edited by azaro360

Hopefully one of our Tech guys, or gals, can figure out that error message.  If you've been messing with Code, then that may be the reason.

Have you also read through this: 

https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/110411-common-install-uninstall-crash-problems-and-solutions/

i solved it , i asked one of my friends to send me their folder (the one with the exe file and the other files that you get with the installation) in a zip file and then i exucted the given file and it worked like a charme

2 hours ago, azaro360 said:

i asked one of my friends to send me their folder (the one with the exe file and the other files that you get with the installation) in a zip file

What?? Sure that will work, but why not just reinstall Paint.NET?

(assuming you meant that the files in the ZIP were Paint.NET program files)