i want to crop this and make the background go away

joshg

i am a very new user to this program i love it! much easeir to use than photoshop! but anyway i have a picture of a logo and it spells out Tuning Unlimited.org which is my car clubs website and well we made our own font and had to store it as a picture and i just want to be able to crop just the text so i can put in other pics with out the ugly block around it any help here would be great!

18652_6d7b5115c00cd7ae7399e0a0e8197b3f

Easiest way to get rid of the black would be to open the file in Paint.NET and then use the Alpha Mask plugin which would turn the black to transparent.

(After the background in transparent, save it as a file which preserves the transparency, such as .gif, .tga or .png)

Then you could resize it using image>resize

Where do you get plugins im only new as well and would like to get rid of a background in a picture as well.

This is all so confusing to me cannot understand any of it.

Thanks Lee

Where do you get plugins im only new as well and would like to get rid of a background in a picture as well.

This is all so confusing to me cannot understand any of it.

Thanks Lee

Try looking around first, you will find many things are easy to find.

viewforum.php?f=16

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

Easiest way to get rid of the black would be to open the file in Paint.NET and then use the Alpha Mask plugin which would turn the black to transparent.

(After the background in transparent, save it as a file which preserves the transparency, such as .gif, .tga or .png)

Then you could resize it using image>resize

I wouldn't take the Alphamask plugin in this case. Boltbaits StripPrimaryColour does a ten times better job in this case.