apply effect to all layers option. PLEASE!

Hypure

I would love to use this feature along with a feature that can IMPORT an IMAGE SEQUENCE as layers. I know that you can already export as an image sequence zip file, which I use all the time! (and thank you to you who have created that plug in) But to complete the animation process these two effects are sorely needed. Please will a PAINT.NET genius work on this! 

feature requests; (APPLY EFFECTS TO ALL LAYERS),  and , (IMPORT IMAGE SEQUENCE)

apply effect to all layers option

It's not going to happen. The reason is plugins can only render to the current layer.

You do know about repeating a plugin with Ctrl + F? With this shortcut you can quickly apply the same plugin/settings to individual layers (select layer, run plugin, select next layer, Ctrl + F, select next layer, Ctrl + F.......)

It's not necessarily that it can't/won't ever happen, it's just that it's not exactly at the top of the priority list. I say this to establish reasonable expectations, not as a statement about whether the idea is good or not.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

I have been using paint.net for many years, to ignore a feature as powerful and relevant as this is criminal!.....lol...... joke...... sortof. 

Thanks for all that you do.

It's not necessarily that it can't/won't ever happen, it's just that it's not exactly at the top of the priority list. I say this to establish reasonable expectations, not as a statement about whether the idea is good or not.

Thanks for the heads up, to do that for say, 4 seconds of animation, say 100 frames is not an option.