How to Install Plugins ×

Text Distortion

xod

26 minutes ago, otuncelli said:

unfortunately the zip file doesn't contain it.

The download on this first page, does have both Optional Based .dll and dlc in it.  In all - 4 files, which now, it seems, all go into the Effects Folder.

I just noticed that @Mark C. has the store bought version.  Please see here for how to install Plugins if you have the store bought version @Mark C.:

https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/InstallPlugins.html

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

You have the store bought version, see my link above -1/2 way down the page, where your new folder must go.  They should be in the Paint.net App Files folder.

Sorry, I was reading the other person's post above yours.  Do you have the Classic version or the Store bought version of Paint.net?

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Thanks so much!!!  I will give it a try.  I will let you know how I make out.  I have your instructions for the store bought version.  I liked paint.net so much that when I got my new computer,  I wanted to pay for the version instead of the freebee.......Maybe I should have gotten the freebee....LOL....Just kidding.  Thanks again!

• Like 1

I have followed the directions as posted and still no luck.  :(   I have windows 11 as well but that shouldn't make a difference.  Maybe I will delete the store version and go back and download the free version because that worked great with loading the plug-ins.....The only one I need is that text distortion! It used to be under stylize......I will just do that....  Thanks again.  If that doesn't work I will send another help message!  LOL

• 2 years later...

Hi, I just downloaded and installed the plug-in and it shows up, however, as soon as I open the plug-in it crashes... 

All files are currently in the Effects folder (doesnt make a different if I move the "OptionBasedLibrary v0.7.8" files to the paint.net folder)

Any ideas? I am on paint 4.0.20, Classic install type

Edited by Myrthe

25 minutes ago, Myrthe said:

Any ideas? I am on paint 4.0.20, Classic install type

v4.0.20 was released 6 years ago!

You need to update to the current version of paint.net - v5.0.13.

Sorry but no help can be given for older versions. See the Forum Rules #7