Unable to Disable Windows for all the users like Colors, history and layer window,

Hi,

We have installed Paint.net on the citrix servers and now users are getting the Colors, History and Layers window by default when they open Paint.net. But the users want this windows disabled on start by default. Also we want to disable Animations and Hardware Acceleration in the settings by default for all the users. I tried to set the below registry keys on the HKCU hive but its not working. Please let me know if anyone is aware how to accomplish this.

KEY_CURRENT_USERS\Software\paint.net]
"Window/History/IsVisible"="False"
"Window/Layers/IsVisible"="False"
"Window/Colors/IsVisible"="False"
"UI/EnableAnimations"="False"
"UI/EnableHardwareAcceleration"="False"

Hello @Viral Godhani and Welcome to Paint.net :)

If you click off the History and Layers windows and exit PDN, the windows should stay off next time you open Paint.net.

You can disable Animations and Hardware Acceleration, via the Settings, which can be found by clicking on the cog wheel :Settings: upper right hand side of the canvas.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Those registry settings look correct to me.

Are you using portable mode by any chance? If so, settings will be placed into a JSON file next to the PaintDotNet.exe, and will not be in the registry

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg