Sakana Oji

Tie Dye Effect

This tutorial is available as a PDF. Click here to view or download it

Today I will be showing you how to make the tie-dye effect in Paint.net, like this:

tiedye-5-finished-result.png

Plugins needed:

toe_head2001's Droste

pyrochild's Curves+

Toli's Smooth (optional)

Instructions:

Step 1. Insert any texture, or just draw stuff. For this tutorial, I shall use the Paintbrush.

tiedye-1-make-colorful-stuff.png

Step 2. Apply Droste. You can play with the settings to suit your mood, but I shall crank up the Repeat Per Turn option to max.

tiedye-2-droste.png

Step 3. Use any effective blur plugin. Zoom Blur will be used for this tutorial.

tiedye-3-blurring.png

Step 4. Crank the saturation all the way up with Curves+. You may also maximize the Value if you don't want the ugly white bits. (Also, please ignore the error I made with the text in the next picture. The whole text.)

tiedye-4-saturation.png

Step 5: You're done! You can use the Smooth plugin if you don't want all those choppy pixelly edges, but as you can see, I'm pretty sure I didn't use that on my tutorial result. What are the odds?

Well, this is the end of the tutorial. I'd love to see what you've come up with. Thanks!

• Like 4

It's almost like a watercolor or actual painting effect...very nice. Can you also make and add the .pdf download for it? (If not, I just go to "Convert HTML to PDF online".

Edited by ScrapbookWithPDN

On 12/26/2018 at 5:35 PM, ScrapbookWithPDN said:

Can you also make and add the .pdf download for it?

I've added a PDF attachment

Edited by Sakana Oji
Look at the top

Meaning to try this out.  Finally...this is a nice and easy way to make a beautiful background.  :)

tiedye_01.png

Thank you @Sakana Oji

Edited by lynxster4