Removal of clips from image

Hi Guys, I hope someone could help me out, I want to remove the crocodile clips from my pic.

I have tried a couple of the simple methods, but I don't want the picture reduced.

The other one didn't come close to matching the background.

It's probably my fault, anyhow can you have a wee look. 😊

Thanx

Gary 

_GAZ1992.jpg

Edited by Magician
grammer

Looks like you've got at least one damage head. Good luck putting it back in a hard drive. :|

4 hours ago, Magician said:

but I don't want the picture reduced.

Reduced? As in quality? dimensions? all of the above?

4 hours ago, Magician said:

The other one didn't come close to matching the background.

I would recommend removing the gradient background. It would make things so much easier. You could even re-add the gradient background (if you want) once you've got everything cleaned up.

Above all else, I'd say take a new photos with a tripod and proper lighting.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

• toe_head2001 changed the title to Removal of clips from image
3 hours ago, toe_head2001 said:

Looks like you've got at least on damage head. Good luck putting it back in a hard drive. :|

Reduced? As in quality? dimensions? all of the above?

I would recommend removing the gradient background. It would make things so much easier. You could even re-add the gradient background (if you want) once you've got everything cleaned up.

Above all else, I'd say take a new photos with a tripod and proper lighting.

Well that was helpful, take a new photo. never a thought that this was what I want ?

but thanx for the background tip.

Hello @Magician and Welcome to the forum :)

You could also try to "paint" the clips out.  I did a quick try with your first image by:

1.  Pick the color of your background close to the clips with the color picker :ColorPickerTool:

2. Make a new layer above your image and using the paint brush :PaintBrushTool: and the line/curve :LineTool: tools draw around the clip

3.  You may need to smudge or Gaussian Blur to smooth the lines

4.  Then you can flatten your image

rid-of-clip.png

• Like 2

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Still having difficulty with post processing.

here's my latest attempt 

it's not perfect, and I will keep trying, just bought the book "Light Science and Magic" I hope this might

allow some understanding.

The problem I have is dust on the plexi glass, it shows up in picture, but I think it has something to do with the angle I  take the picture at.

This is why I bought the book (kindle).

I hope all had a great Christmas 😁

PS clips away JPG.jpg

• Like 1

Hi @Magician when you say this:

"The problem I have is dust on the plexi glass, it shows up in picture."

Can you explain to me where you mean please?  If it's the white two lines on the lower picture, then you can paint it away pixel by piexel.

plexi.png

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Hi Pixey, the black plexi glass I am using to get the reflection, is pretty dusty, have tried washing it, soft sponge, and also using a soft anti static brush, also micro cloths.

What happens is I take a pic or rather 20ish 😊 I then place them into LR and you can see the dust, it's very bad, it's all over the plexi-glass, I can't simply clone or heal etc as there is a gradient to the background, I have even tried a fan running continues.

So I think it must be due to the angle my camera is at and the angle my flash is at, (of camera) if I get it right there is a vast improvement, still not perfect, but what is.

I haven't tried continues light, but my preference is flash.

Then there is the post processing, either in paintshop pro or lightroom/photo shop, unsure if I should learn to process, this takes me away from learning photography, chicken and the egg sort of thing.

I hope I have made myself clear, any pointers/advice on anything would be appreciated ..

Many thanx for your interest... 

Regards

Gary

Edited by Magician

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Magician said:

Hi Guys, I think I have it, it's not perfect, but I like it, just picking up PS and it's a bit hard ...

many thanx for your help.

Regards

Gary 

PS clips away JPG.jpg

Really, PS? you could've easily done this with free open source s/w. I wouldn't call that that a triumph by any stretch of imagination. But if it makes you happy, go for it... 

69unju0.gif

On 1/14/2019 at 12:09 AM, dipstick said:

Really, PS? you could've easily done this with free open source s/w. I wouldn't call that that a triumph by any stretch of imagination. But if it makes you happy, go for it... 

Hey I don't feel the love dipstick.

I didn't want it to cause any negative feeling, and I'm sorry that it did.

Stay in the light.

Regards

Gary