Wish List / Text to arch , text to path , text to circle ?

Hubs

First off I think paint.net is a great program. I have been using it for about 4 weeks now, making (trying) to make grill badges for my mini cooper. I really find the program user friendly and want to thank the modrerators, plugin developers and the forum community for their help and plugins.

I think for myself the only thing I wish for or was easier and had better results would be Text to a path or arch or circle plug-in. I have done searches read all the threads with rectangular to polar converisons , tube oblique , sine wave plugins , manually moving each individual letter. Tried them all with limited success.

Can any of the talented plug-in developers come up with a text to arch plug-in ?

If not is it because paint.net's coding is more difficult to manipulate than other software programs that have such a feature ?

18609_6eb343284cde8d2b2e5d4b6784ffd30d

The quickest and easiest alternative is to use Inkscape.

Simply draw a path, be it anything. Write text. Select both text and path and use Text -> Set to path?. Select path and remove color. There you have it, curved text in a million ways. Just export a .png and import it in Paint.NET. You can even make the background transparent so when you export/import it you get only the text on the layer.

Like so, took only seconds to do those, and the line can be hidden by removing its color

Text.png

sig.jpg.7f312affa740bae49243c4439bc4a244.jpg

Zagna , Wow thanks for the quick reply . I will check it out . (inkscape)

Looks like a real nice work around !

But would you agree it would be nice to have something like text to path available for paint.net >

Ash , thank you for the response. I have looked at all those threads you provided.

If you look at my attachment you can see I already have used those ideas to make my badge.

Like you stated it takes more time.

Would it not be nice to have a plug-in that could accomplish this easily.

By looking at all those threads seems this is a request that is asked for allot .

I for one have no experience in coding so I have no idea how difficult it would be to create a plugin that could directly create type around a circle or ellipse or path. For all I know it is impossible to do with paint.net.

Just thought it would be nice addition to have included in such a great program.

Cheers and keep up the great work. Your time and effort is appreciated.