Reptorian's G'MIC Code Workshop

Posted (edited)

Roadmap for 2021:

1. Refactor Naeddyar mapmaking script to more suitable version. He wrote scripts with little knowledge of gmic scripting. So, hence the need of refactoring. <- I’m here now.

2. Refactor few of my script and adding new feature.

3. New filters only after the refactor. I won’t be refactoring my script for optimization, etc. I'll be making filters that are so much harder to create.

Edited by Reptillian
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

New filter Color Curve Reverse Engineering. This can be used to create a gradient map using essentially what the calculated color curve on a black and white gradient. So, you can find approximate Instagram filters color curves, etc.

Edited by Reptillian
On 1/2/2021 at 2:12 AM, Reptillian said:

Roadmap for 2021

On 1/2/2021 at 2:12 AM, Reptillian said:

I'll be making filters that are so much harder to create

Good luck on the road!

Speaking of the filters that already exist: I discovered your Non-Convolution Edge Extraction the other day and was really impressed by its accuracy and settings (Blending Opacity is the best). :star: Added to Faves; how come its status is still "testing"?

edgy-bird.png

And playing with Offset / Angle can make surprising things...

shady-pairing.png

• Like 1

signature.png.ebe2dec8b8faab2aa57630b352

my gallery is  here

On 1/6/2021 at 1:22 PM, Reptillian said:

That being said, I added 3 new formulas to Thorn Fractal:

Have you had a chance to make this upgrade?  🙂  Thanks!

18 minutes ago, lynxster4 said:

Have you had a chance to make this upgrade?  🙂  Thanks!

Yes. If it haven't arrived, then that means that gmic version is no longer supported and a new version should arrive at some point later which would have this update after refresh.

• Like 1

Note: The new rep_recpoltrans has not been implemented yet. I still have to edit rep_axis_streak_color to finally fix a bug before release.

Wow! Now I think I solved recpoltrans! The new changes is by far more faster. From 1.5 s to .194 s. It is also more accurate. I only worked on if -3, and 2 part of rep_recpoltrans since they matter a lot more than the others as they’re both designed for precision. The others if in rep_recpoltrans don’t really matter too much for me to fix them. In addition to these changes, I’m closer to fixing a bug in perspective streak!

See here.

U5gOuOc.png

Left: Original Middle: recpoltrans -3 to recpoltrans 2 Right: Xor Analysis

[gmic]-2./ Elapsed time: 0.19 s.

Also, saving code here: