null54

6 hours ago, mackenzieh said:

G'mic 2.7 is available. 

Thanks for the notification.

Updated to G'MIC version 2.7.0.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding my problem morphing plug-in in G'Mic-Qt

@null54:

Thanks for your response - sorry for posting in a wrong place.

I updated today paint.net (4.2.5) and after reading your comment I noticed my version of G'Mic was not automatically updated. I did it manually to 2.7.4.0 and refreshed filter definitions.

I tried to follow your directions and it doesn't seem seem to work, so I'm a little confused. I'm getting Preview warning 'This filter requires at least two input layers.' I have data on clipboard, background and three empty layers.

If needed I can prepare some sample pdn file so the size will be accepted by this forum.

Thanks a lot!

14 minutes ago, QwertFixy said:

I tried to follow your directions and it doesn't seem seem to work, so I'm a little confused. I'm getting Preview warning 'This filter requires at least two input layers.' I have data on clipboard, background and three empty layers.

Are you copying another layer from your Paint.NET Document?

I noticed when testing version 2.7.4 that the clipboard code used by plugins was not seeing an image (copied from Firefox) that the main application could paste, but it worked fine if I pasted the image into a new document and copied it from within Paint.NET.

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

12 minutes ago, QwertFixy said:

Regarding my problem morphing plug-in in G'Mic-Qt

@null54:

Thanks for your response - sorry for posting in a wrong place.

I updated today paint.net (4.2.5) and after reading your comment I noticed my version of G'Mic was not automatically updated. I did it manually to 2.7.4.0 and refreshed filter definitions.

If needed I can prepare some sample pdn file so the size will be accepted by this forum.

Thanks a lot!

Filters that outputs multiple layer is not going to work on PDN because filters are restricted to one.

@G'MIC David, could you offer a workaround for PDN users via export?

• Like 1

G'MIC Filter Developer

3 minutes ago, null54 said:

Are you copying another layer from your Paint.NET Document?

I noticed when testing version 2.7.4 that the clipboard code used by plugins was not seeing an image (copied from Firefox) that the main application could paste, but it worked fine if I pasted the image into a new document and copied it from within Paint.NET.

As far as I understand it - yes. I have both jpg images in one pdn file. As you suggested I selected one of them to the clipboard - double checked, that it is there by pasting it into IrfanView. I tried to morph one into the other. I'm new to the 'game' so I'm just trying to get the feel of it.

Thanks!

Help! GMIC on my PDN broken!

I tryings to use it and it just display small window that instantly goes away. I hover mouse over it and it saying it version 1.4.0.0. I get new version and it not updating.

What wrong?

1 hour ago, Elvis Hbpbgrtnk said:

I hover mouse over it and it saying it version 1.4.0.0. I get new version and it not updating.

What version of Paint.NET are you using?

PdnSig.png

1 hour ago, Elvis Hbpbgrtnk said:

You should be able to overwrite the files in your Effects folder with the files from the latest version.

After downloading the latest version of the plugin, copy Gmic.dll and the gmic folder into the Paint.NET Effects folder.

Windows will prompt you to replace the existing files.

• Like 1

PdnSig.png

It not worked. I copy both dll and full folder into effects and restart PDN. Same thing and it stuck at old version. Also there was no prompt.

EDIT: I just also extracted file after it in effects folder just in case. That not help either.

EDIT 2: I figured it out! There was missing step! I tryinged it 1000 ways and nothing changing. Then I go for 1001. I tooked dowloaded file AND THEN extracted it into new folder. THEN copied DLL and folder. I restart PDN and click on G'MIC. It take long time but G'MIC window finally arrive. Wow it have lot of stuff!!!!

Edited by Elvis Hbpbgrtnk
FIX!!!!

19 minutes ago, Elvis Hbpbgrtnk said:

It not worked. I copy both dll and full folder into effects and restart PDN. Same thing and it stuck at old version. Also there was no prompt.

Do you have a screenshot of your Effects folder?

PdnSig.png

Maybe you send message just as I edit with fix.

OMG it having a millyin things in it! How long it take to make all that? Is you 1000 years old?

3 minutes ago, Elvis Hbpbgrtnk said:

Maybe you send message just as I edit with fix.

OMG it having a millyin things in it! How long it take to make all that? Is you 1000 years old?

He didn't make those filters, he just made g'mic accessible. Check the Testing Section, those are the vast majority of filter creators, and including myself. I made ~30 filters myself.

Edited by Reptillian

G'MIC Filter Developer

Is this plugin compatible with Pdn 4.1.6?

I run Pdn on a stick. It is not installed in the computer.

Exception details:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'PaintDotNet.AppModel.IClipboardService' from assembly 'PaintDotNet.Core, Version=4.106.7016.38074, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

at GmicEffectPlugin.GmicConfigDialog.GmicThread()

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Edited by NSD
Added exception details.