How to Install Plugins ×

G'MIC (03-12-2024)

null54

<3 @null54!

Thank you very much for the new version. :cake: :coffee: Just downloaded, nevertheless 2.6.3.0 shows dll.

Gmicdll.png

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

On 5/10/2019 at 3:30 PM, Woodsy said:

None! I just opened the plugin. It crashed PDN but opened the plugin. Although I couldn't do anything with the plugin. Weird!

On 5/10/2019 at 4:34 PM, Woodsy said:

I was trying to install the plugin and PDN didn't like it. It crashed out PDN and left the plugin open but I couldn't do anything with it.

This issue just occurred on my system, too. I have paint.NET 4.1.6, 64-bit, on Windows 7. 

Paint.NET is able to launch the gmic plugin, but the plugin's preview remains empty (transparent), and I get an immediate notice that paint.NET has crashed and gone bye-bye.

I went ahead and sent the crash log to the email address shown in the log report, and I've attached the log here as well.

Thank you much!

pdncrash.6.log

50 minutes ago, DBKettrey said:

This issue just occurred on my system, too. I have paint.NET 4.1.6, 64-bit, on Windows 7. 

I have no idea why the plugin fails to work on some systems. 😕

On 5/10/2019 at 6:16 PM, null54 said:

The crash indicates that Paint.NET is not receiving the data the G'MIC plugin is sending, but I am not able to reproduce it. 

The only suggestion I have is to try reinstalling the plugin.

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

I don't know if this makes any difference or not, but I also have another GMIC installed on my system as the GIMP plugin. The thing that I thought was odd is this: when I first launched the GMIC plugin in paint.NET, the plugin's filter list showed all 519 filters plus all of my Favorites which I had set in the GIMP's plugin. This makes me believe that the paint.NET plugin is somehow referencing GIMP's gmic folder which is located at C:\Users\DB KETTREY\AppData\Roaming\gmic.

As a test, I moved GIMP's gmic folder completely out of the AppData folder, then relaunched the gmic plugin in paint.NET. Lo and behold, the gmic plugin then showed just the basic 300+ filters and NO Favorites, which is what I would have expected it to do. But paint.NET still crashed, regardless.

This makes me think that the paint.NET plugin and the GIMP plugin (and their dll's, perhaps) somehow intermingle in a bad way.

Edited by DBKettrey

Don't move the gmic folder out of the appdata folder, that's not needed. By the way, when two gmic versions are different, the newer version is going to erase all info of older .gmic files specifically for older version of gmic. You can change location of gmic plugin in GIMP to avoid conflict.

G'MIC Filter Developer

• 2 weeks later...

Created using sketch effect, I then duplicated the image, changed the blend mode to multiply and then used sepia2 effect. 

rlmh6cI.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

swIFX9v.png

<3 @sashwilko!

Absolutely wonderful idea and realization! Beautifully presented - love this! Thank you for sharing this with us! :cake: :coffee:

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, mackenzieh said:

gmic has been updated to version 2.6.6.

Updated to G'MIC version 2.6.6.

I had originally planned to wait until after Pant.NET 4.2 was released so I could use the new clipboard code, but I can always make that change when releasing a later version.

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

4 hours ago, null54 said:

Updated to G'MIC version 2.6.6.

I had originally planned to wait until after Pant.NET 4.2 was released so I could use the new clipboard code, but I can always make that change when releasing a later version.

Oh, okay. Do what you feel is best. :) 

Updated to G'MIC version 2.6.7.
Changed the clipboard reading code to use the Paint.NET 4.2 clipboard service.

• Like 3

PdnSig.png

2.7.0 when? That's the version that actually updates as evidence by removal of my own Spiral Matrix Transform (replaced with Testing->Joan Rake version). 

Also, G'MIC seem to be getting AI learning though it is being developed. - https://mobile.twitter.com/gmic_ip/status/1148684715047694336

Edited by Reptillian

G'MIC Filter Developer

• 3 weeks later...