How to Install Plugins ×

G'MIC (03-12-2024)

null54

4 minutes ago, Reptillian said:

See here - https://discuss.pixls.us/t/release-of-gmic-3-0/17226/516

That's where I got the release number.

I know the release number is 3.0. but when going the site itself and clicking on paint.net's download, it's not 3.0. it's the previous version 2.9.9.

Edited by mackenzieh

• null54 changed the title to G'MIC (2021-12-09)

Release version 3.0.0.

Changes:

• Updated to G'MIC version 3.0.0.
  • Updated the plugin for Paint.NET 4.3.4 and .NET 6.0.
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

• 2 weeks later...
  • null54 changed the title to G'MIC (2022-01-14)

Release version 3.0.1.

Changes:

• Updated to G'MIC version 3.0.1.
  • The G'MIC filter name is now included in the file name of the external PNG files.
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

I found a few especially useful filters here, so thanks for making this plugin. It would be nice if it didn't recalculate the plugin when panning the image, right-clicking things in the list, opening after having used the plugin once before, or left-clicking the same filter in the list that's already selected. Basically, if the filter was only run when altering settings or switching filters.

44 minutes ago, NinthDesertDude said:

It would be nice if it didn't recalculate the plugin when panning the image, right-clicking things in the list, opening after having used the plugin once before, or left-clicking the same filter in the list that's already selected. Basically, if the filter was only run when altering settings or switching filters.

I have no control over the G'MIC-Qt UI behavior, but you could open an issue on GitHub to see what its developer has to say about those issues.

• Upvote 1

PdnSig.png

• null54 changed the title to G'MIC (2022-01-19)
  • 3 months later...
  • null54 changed the title to G'MIC (2022-04-26)

Release version 3.1.0

Changes:

• Updated G'MIC to version 3.1.0

Added installation instructions for the ARM64 versions of Windows 10/11, the x86 or x64 version of G'MIC-Qt will be run under emulation.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

PdnSig.png

13 minutes ago, AndrewDavid said:

I get 3.0.2

Fixed, I forgot to update the download links in the first post.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

PdnSig.png

• null54 changed the title to G'MIC (2022-05-10)

Release version 3.1.1.

Changes:

• Updated G'MIC to version 3.1.1
  • Changed the plugin icon to the G'MIC-Qt application icon.
  • Like 2

PdnSig.png

8 hours ago, Rle said:

Gmic_win32 version 3.1.0 and 3.1.1 are not working.

It looks like something changed with G'MIC-Qt.

I fixed that error, but the 32-bit version still exits with an error code when I attempt to run it.

I am currently building the 32-bit version is Visual Studio so I can debug it.

• Like 1

PdnSig.png

G'MIC-Qt is crashing due to an unhandled exception, caused by an integer overflow bug in the CImg library.

I reported the issue in the CImg repository, and will probably be filing a related issue in the G'MIC-Qt repository.

G'MIC-QT should probably catch and report those exceptions, instead of letting it crash the application.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

PdnSig.png

• null54 changed the title to G'MIC (2022-05-11)

Release version 3.1.2.

Changes:

• Updated G'MIC to version 3.1.2
  • Fixed a crash in the 32-bit version.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

PdnSig.png

• 1 month later...

G'MIC-Qt was changed to generate the translations at build time, using bash scripts and Makefiles that are not compatible with a MinGW build environment.

See https://github.com/c-koi/gmic-qt/issues/150.

I am trying to figure out a way to generate the required files manually.

• Like 2

PdnSig.png

• null54 changed the title to G'MIC (2022-06-16)