How to Install Plugins ×

G'MIC (03-12-2024)

null54

1 hour ago, Reptillian said:

However, I'm wondering if it is possible to wrap gmic code within codelab. That would make it so much easier to convert filters in theory.

It should be possible to write a C++ DLL that uses libgmic, but you would have to call G'MIC in CodeLab's PreRender method.

I considered doing that when I wrote this plugin, but I decided it was easier to use G'MIC-Qt.

Writing the automatic UI generation code required for Paint.NET to natively use the G'MIC filters would be complicated.

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

15 hours ago, null54 said:

It should be possible to write a C++ DLL that uses libgmic, but you would have to call G'MIC in CodeLab's PreRender method.

I considered doing that when I wrote this plugin, but I decided it was easier to use G'MIC-Qt.

Writing the automatic UI generation code required for Paint.NET to natively use the G'MIC filters would be complicated.

Yes, I was thinking of using PreRender method to call G'MIC-QT for converting filter. I'm not concerned with the user interface code as that's way easier to deal with. I'm more concerned with being able to access commands from g'mic-qt itself and using g'mic-qt commands.

G'MIC Filter Developer

I hope someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong. I tried to use the plugin for the first time. Most of the filters work fine but I cannot get the Stylize filter to work.

I understand that I need to copy one layer to the clipboard and then apply the filter on another layer. As per @null54's instructions here, I copied the bottom layer and applied the filter on the top layer. I tried with a small image (180*198 px) of just two layers. I also tried it as per @Pixey's short video here, i.e. copied the top layer and applied the filter on the bottom layer. I tried all the combinations of copying one and working on the other, including switching between the "top" and "bottom" options on the filter's "Style" dropdown list.

Every time I get this:

75xKJdR.png

Xkds4Lh.png

2 hours ago, Djisves said:

I hope someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong

You need to switch the input layers to All for G'MIC to be able to recognize the second layer.

• Upvote 1

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

Incoming update 2.9.1 tommorow.

Hello folks,

I’ve added a new command in the standard library of G’MIC 2.9.1, and I think this could interest some of the G’MIC script writers here. I’m pretty sure this could lead to fun experimentations
Release of stable G’MIC 2.9.1 is planed for tomorrow.

Source: https://discuss.pixls.us/t/new-interesting-command-rbf-to-interpolate-1d-2d-3d-data/18663

Edited by Reptillian

G'MIC Filter Developer

6 hours ago, mackenzieh said:

Version 2.9.1 is out. 

Updated to G'MIC version 2.9.1.

• Like 3

PdnSig.png

49 minutes ago, ANONYMISS said:

Does G'MIC version 2.9.1.  work as a plugin within   paint.net 4.2.12?

Yes.

PdnSig.png

Hi @null54 I hope all is well with you, wherever you are :)

I have a question about opening two images in G'MIC.  I was trying help someone with a question earlier, so I tried to see if I could use the Morph in G'MIC.  I realise one needs to have two images for this, but when I try to do this, I get this:

2-roses-question.png

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

It's a bit confusing, @Pixey. You need to press APPLY for two new windows to open in order to set the morphing anchor points.

EDIT: As @ReMake has already said before me  😁 

Edited by Djisves
ReMake comment link
  • Upvote 1

Xkds4Lh.png

@Pixey As far as I'm concerned, Paint.NET can only output to the same layer a plugin applies the effect on. So, this means that the filter needs workaround support akin to filters I have made workarounds for Paint.NET such as Non-Isometric Tiler and Tiled Form. I will notify @G'MIC as he is the author of the Morph[Interactive] filter. He can edit the current filter, and please notify the author of another thread asking for help on Morph that I have notified @G'MIC about this issue. So, it would be possible to generate multiple pictures generated from the Morph [Interactive] and output into a folder once this gets addressed.

Edited by Reptillian

G'MIC Filter Developer

Hi @Reptillian the OP seemed to suggest that they had managed to use the Morph[interactive] but that they did not know how to save it?  If they got that far, it seems to suggest they got it to work.  A mystery to me.

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

9 minutes ago, Pixey said:

Hi @Reptillian the OP seemed to suggest that they had managed to use the Morph[interactive] but that they did not know how to save it?  If they got that far, it seems to suggest they got it to work.  A mystery to me.

Saving it implies multiple output pictures. On Krita and GIMP, when you work with g'mic-qt filters that generates multiple layers from the interface, you get outputs of multiple layers. That is not possible on Paint.NET. Hence, why I was contacting one of the main maintainer of g'mic-qt to add a option to allow exports into a folder into Morph [Interactive], so @zaffer can save the outputs.

Edited by Reptillian

G'MIC Filter Developer

4 minutes ago, Reptillian said:

Saving it implies multiple output pictures. On Krita and GIMP, when you work with g'mic-qt filters that generates multiple layers from the interface, you get outputs of multiple layers. That is not possible on Paint.NET. Hence, why I was contacting one of the main maintainer of g'mic-qt to add a option to allow exports into a folder, so @zaffer can save the outputs.

Ahhh - so it's rather like TR's morpher, which produces multiple layers, which then have to be uploaded to PDN to make it animated.

It would be nice to do the same in G'MIC too :)  Thanks.

30b8T8B.gif

24 minutes ago, Pixey said:

Ahhh - so it's rather like TR's morpher, which produces multiple layers, which then have to be uploaded to PDN to make it animated.

It would be nice to do the same in G'MIC too :)  Thanks.

Well, it turns out that the solution I have proposed isn't desirable, so, only @null54 can address this.

@null54 : If you'd like to address this issue, please look at this thread for more discussion on this. - https://discuss.pixls.us/t/gmic-morph-interactive-paint-net-workaround/18749

G'MIC Filter Developer

Released version 2.9.1.1.

Changes:

• Added support for multiple output images
  • Improved support for images that are larger than the canvas
  • Improved the user experience when canceling G'MIC
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

PdnSig.png

On 6/15/2020 at 1:07 PM, null54 said:

Released version 2.9.1.1.

Changes:

• Added support for multiple output images
  • Improved support for images that are larger than the canvas
  • Improved the user experience when canceling G'MIC

really when press (Q) it saves auto Multiple png pics. But still there is no option to save as ,a gif file,hope next update there will be a option  to save

as gif File

• 2 months later...

image.png.4edd629f292e59a60713594b702ce5d5.png
i got this error, i don't know what it means, i put the DLL file in the effects folder (i closed paint.net before doing it) and then re-opened it. I have never got an error like this before while downloading effects or adjustments manually

ahh.. that was it, didn't know i had to put the folder too, ill try that out right now and get back to you, sorry for responding late, been busy with h/w

Edit: Thanks it worked!

Edited by LoudSilence