How to Install Plugins ×

G'MIC (03-12-2024)

null54

Hi @null54,

slowly the great knowledge about me comes, bit by bit I understand more that I knew it can't work like this, but I didn't know how it really should work. 
Probably the language barrier comes to the pure application (without any real background what really happens there). A bad mix.
Thank you for your patience and willingness to help anyway, even if sometimes you can only shake your head a little :-))))))

Hi @ScrapbookWithPDN,

thank you very much for your detailed description, which can surely be very helpful also for other users.

My problem wasn't gmic, but especially the connection of the two pictures in Paint and that's how these pictures are brought to Gmic to get a final picture.
I somehow managed to get three final images with a time expenditure of many hours :-))))))) without really knowing what I was doing there. 
Pixey showed very clearly in her Viedo why I could only fail. 

I will download that video, translate it into my language and then work step by step and write down the paths to the result image.

Greetings

Pixey wrote:HyRaZ

I was worried about that, but I lack the expertise on how to speed up only a portion of a video.  I will look into it and will replace the original when I discover how to :lightning:
-------------------------

@Pixey

Honestly, for me as a "seeker of a solution", the simple, simple form is particularly well suited. If it is too fast for me - I have to look with my eyes very concentrated on the cursor, - I have to slow down the video anyway, so that I can read everything correctly.
For me, the video is good as it is.

• Upvote 1

I have changed the video now @lifeday so others don't have to wait so long for the end.  You can still slow down the parts you'd like to see better.  Thank you for your support :)

• Like 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

4 hours ago, Reptillian said:

I got news for the Stylize filter, the main maintainer of the G'MIC processing library has managed to make the Stylize filter work 5 to 6 times faster. 

I followed the suggestion in this post and disabled OpenMP in my builds, it produced a significant improvement in the Stylize filter rendering speed.

Version 1.2.1 release notes:

• Set the entire layer to transparent for images smaller than the layer size.
  • Disabled OpenMP to improve the rendering speed of some G'MIC filters

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

@Pixey 

Kudos for you! A job well done!

@lifeday

I learn best from seeing a task done. Videos are great for that. You can pause and replay as needed.

@null54

Thanks for your efforts to give PDN users a means to using the G'MIC app!

Edited by HyReZ
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks null54, your latest build is indeed much faster. As a test I combined the two top images to get the bottom image. It is easily 5x faster....z146Gxg.jpg

• Upvote 2

69unju0.gif

Hello there, I'm David Tschumperlé, the main developer of G'MIC.

First, I'd like to thanks @null54 for taking the time to port our G'MIC-Qt plug-in for Paint.Net.

Second, I've read all your messages and indeed noticed that the 'Stylize' filter was painfully slow on Windows.

We have investigated this issue these last days with people at pixls.us, and hopefully we should have found what was going on. We were using too much mutex locks/unlocks in the multi-threaded algorithm, which was slowing down everything. I'm working hard right now to fix this issue. I hope I will be able to post a pre-release tomorrow (Friday) with the fixes included.

If you have any questions related to G'MIC, I'd be happy to answer (depending on the amount of free time I have ;) ).

Cheers.

EDIT: The G'MIC-Qt plug-in is a product of the GREYC Laboratory, mainly done by Sébastien Fourey and myself, with the help of many contributors.

Edited by G'MIC
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 3

<3 Dear @ Pixey! 👍 

Thank you very much for your video. That helped me a lot. :cake: :coffee:

seerose-PINK.png seerose-LILA.png

With these two pictures the result came out.

03-Januar2019-Gmic.png

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

<3 @G'MIC👍

A warm welcome to you. 

Thank you so much for excellent plugin. :cake: :coffee:

Edited by Seerose

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

@Pixey

It works, I can do it, I have tried several different motifs and it really works - very easily and very quickly. You just have to know the way.

Many thanks to you dear Pixey.

stylization_bottles_sample1_rahmen_500px.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

<3 Dear @lifeday👍

Happy New Year!

Really very nice result. Thank you for sharing this with us! :cake: :coffee:

• Upvote 1

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Wow! How incredibly cool and gracious that you @G'MICcame to the Paint.Net community to introduce yourself and help with your massively incredible plug-in. So many of us are having such a great time exploring it. Other talented members of the forum have also been working hard at helping us with G'MIC in the Paint.Net community.

You @G'MIC created such a wonderful thing for so many software users. I wanted to personally thank you, and thank those here behind the scenes to help it run smoother with Paint.Net, and for the selfless giving of your time, to all of you, even the ones who take the time just to try to help others with a post giving some directional help or creating videos @Pixey that further help resolve confusion.

@lifeday I absolutely LOVE your dog image you created using G'MIC! It really was worth the effort to preserver on to figure it out. You didn't give up. You kept on and kept trying until you got it and it was totally worth it for the end result! Beautiful blending. Your dog is gorgeous. Nico looks a little like a Goldendoodle. Regardless, he's a beautiful dog. That's obvious.

I'm glad you did not give up!

@ScrapbookWithPDN, many thanks for the kind words.

We have good news to share, as we have been able to fix the various performance issues we got for years on Windows.

I'll release a new stable version 2.4.4 of G'MIC tomorrow. Hope you'll notice the improvements with the "Stylize filter" !

• Like 4

That is so fantastic, @G'MIC! I was wondering, and I don't know if you have any say of it, but on the main G'MIC website, for all the downloads of various software, can you also add the download link for Paint.Net on it, as with the listing of the other platforms there are downloads for, if that's possible, when it's up and ready to go? It's not my place, but it can't hurt to just ask, so I did. 

Regardless, you're so talented and cool!

@ScrapbookWithPDN

Thank you for your words. I am really happy that thanks to Pixey's video I understood how it works.

The Spanish Water Dog (Perro ) exists since around 80-90 years, and is cultured in Spain. Then the other is the Portuguese Water Dog (Obama had one of those). 

The dog named by you (Golden-Doodle ) is, as far as I know, bred in Europe in the east and is a quite young breed.  If you place a Perro next to one ( Golden-Doodle) then you can easily see the difference between the two breeds. 

I chose the Perro because of his great, lovable qualities. He is not a hunter but a keeper, he is not a biter but he is self-confident enough to guard a herd. He bows a bell about barkers, they are not interesting for him.

For me it was the absolute stroke of luck, because I am not very consistent in the education. This little guy has achieved everything with me through patience and charm. We are together now for 14 years and 5 months and I have not regretted one day to have decided for him. 

Have a nice day/evening and greetings from Hamburg

• Like 1

<3 @null54👍

Thank you very much for the new version. :coffee: :cake:
*Sorry! I have no more points, come back tomorrow.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png