How to Install Plugins ×

G'MIC (03-12-2024)

null54

<3 @HyReZ!  👍

For me also Paint.net is the best image editing program. Thank you so much. :cake: :coffee:

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Just a heads up, I use GIMP as well as PDN, and G'MIC is updated quite often, so be prepared to have the updated versions handy with PDN and its updated versions. :)

Edited by mackenzieh

Is there a way to edit PDN .gmic file? I mean, the PDN .gmic has to be somewhere. Without access to it, you can't code new filters by editing .gmic file.

Edited by Reptillian

G'MIC Filter Developer

3 hours ago, mackenzieh said:

Just a heads up, I use GIMP as well as PDN, and G'MIC is updated quite often, so be prepared to have the updated versions handy with PDN and its updated versions. :)

Thanks for the heads up. 😃

I subscribed to the G'MIC-Qt release notifications on GitHub.

I will also open an issue on GitHub to see if the G'MIC-Qt maintainers want to integrate the Paint.NET host code.

1 hour ago, Reptillian said:

Is there a way to edit PDN .gmic file? I mean, the PDN .gmic has to be somewhere. Without access to it, you can't code new filters by editing .gmic file.

According to this issue on GitHub G'MIC stores its filters in %appdata%\gmic.

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

2 hours ago, null54 said:

Thanks for the heads up. 😃

I subscribed to the G'MIC-Qt release notifications on GitHub.

I will also open an issue on GitHub to see if the G'MIC-Qt maintainers want to integrate the Paint.NET host code.

You're welcome! :)

Edited by mackenzieh

2 hours ago, null54 said:

According to this issue on GitHub G'MIC stores its filters in %appdata%\gmic.

Oh I see it now. It just that I use g'mic in different softwares, and had thought it would put to another place. And I was using a different version on PDN. So, in that case, gmic that are on the same versions in different software would share them. 

Edited by Reptillian

G'MIC Filter Developer

29 minutes ago, Reptillian said:

So, in that case, gmic that are on the same versions in different software would share them. 

The GIMP, Krita and Paint.NET plugins are all based on G'MIC-Qt.

It was much easier to add a host interface for Paint.NET to G'MIC-Qt than it would have been to use libgmic.

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

What a wonderful program. I looked at all areas and clicked on them. Just great and it works superb.
I'm setting here the result of a picture - around and at 1880 , which I used in my homepage. It's nice.
Thanks for the great plugin.

The_Ant_and_the_Grasshopper.jpg

Hi Folks

I must say this Plug-in (G-Mic) is incredible! I have been experimenting with it all afternoon, the special effects are better than Alien Skin or Xenofex.

Kindest regards

Roger the Dodger 😊

Could someone please tell me what style the Painting filter (under the Artistic submenu) renders? Would it be some form of modern abstract art, or maybe pop art?

There is a problem with the interface between this plugin and PDN. It won't create new layers. To make 3-D animations, you must tick the option Make New Files, then import the files as layers into PDN. It's an added couple of steps, but it works.

ZgVQNK0.gif

v4PX0Wk.gif

WXJSV4z.gif

• Like 1

69unju0.gif

<3 Dear @lifeday

You have produced a very good piece of work. 👍 
Thank you for sharing this with us! :coffee: :cake:

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

<3 Dear @dipstick! :trophy:

My compliments for this composition. 👍  I would like to learn to do animations too someday.
Thank you for sharing this with us! :cake: :coffee:

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

4 hours ago, dipstick said:

There is a problem with the interface between this plugin and PDN. It won't create new layers.

That is a limitation of the Paint.NET plugin API.

Effect plugins cannot create new layers or access other layers in the document.

4 hours ago, dipstick said:

To make 3-D animations, you must tick the option Make New Files, then import the files as layers into PDN. It's an added couple of steps, but it works.

I do not see how this would work.

The plugin uses a randomly generated output file name that is automatically deleted, so it would be somewhat difficult to copy the final image in order to import it into a new Paint.NET document.

PdnSig.png

55 minutes ago, null54 said:

I do not see how this would work.

@null54 Look for the "Output as files" tick box and change output mode to New Image.

Sequence/3D Elevation (Animated).

Depending on the size and qty of frames the PNG files can take about ten minutes to generate (1024X1024X30).

Edited by AndrewDavid
strikeout

PaintNetSignature.png.6bca4e07f5d738b2436f83d0ce1b876f.png

15 minutes ago, dipstick said:

Maybe you miss-understood me? 

Yes, I was unaware that G'MIC-Qt has that option.

PdnSig.png

No worries...

I don't know if I should post this, but here goes for the adventurous folks out there. G'mic's newest filter is called Stylize It requires two images. Here is an example of a stylize modification on a picture of my Bike:

vNlusUf.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

69unju0.gif

16 minutes ago, dipstick said:

G'mic's newest filter is called Stylize It requires two images. Here is an example of a stylize modification on a picture of my Bike: 

Nice image.

That is an impressive filter, the linked page has a number of additional examples as well.

PdnSig.png

I tried to get here sooner. I wanted to thank you for helping this work better for larger resolution, which the 64 bit situation likely helped? I tried this plugin again and there's a bigger difference in performance after the modification. I know this takes time @null54. It's so appreciated. I still get confused about the features of "Input/Output". I'm also a bit confused about when using an effect and it says "use below a top layer"---something like that. Plus, when others graciously write more effects for it, how to incorporate them.

This is an awesome plugin added to the PDN community. I'm sure I'll figure it out soon enough. Still, all of your time to dealing with it is very much known and very much appreciated. It works so much better using 300 resolution. A big thank you @null54