How to Install Plugins ×

G'MIC (03-12-2024)

null54

Just now, Reptillian said:

However, it can't output multiple layers, right?

Correct.

6 minutes ago, HyReZ said:

I have attempted to work with the Paint.NET G'MIC plugin by null54 using the 3D Image Object of the Rendering option to create a cube using a tile that I made as its surface. The softer shows an image of desired object, but when I click on Apply or OK, the plugin closes and no image was created.

That filter is working for me.

The only issue is that the new image is larger than the Paint.NET canvas, so the bottom of the cube is cropped.

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

The issue for HyRez, is he had the incorrect settings in Input/Output layers for this particular effect.

7qJaxNX.jpg

Unfortunately there are other issues as well as exampled in my Rubic's Cube render.

Also, Is there a reason you used the 32-bit version as apposed to the 64-bit? This has memory issues on some effects, unles it's because I'm running it in a VM.

69unju0.gif

38 minutes ago, dipstick said:

Also, Is there a reason you used the 32-bit version as apposed to the 64-bit?

To allow Paint.NET users with a 32-bit OS to use the plugin.

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

The dummy Paint.NET effect dialog no longer shows when the Qt dialog is closed.
The G'MIC executable is now run on a background thread, this stops the Paint.NET window from freezing while G'MIC is running.

Fixed an issue with the clipboard when running as a repeat effect.

File version updated to 1.1.0.

• Like 2

PdnSig.png

17 hours ago, Lloyd said:

Fantastic plugin sir. Just a quick play so far - Sketch & Drop Shadow and then added > Object > Drop Shadow. Much fun to be had in further days. 

3hr1iO8.png

@Lloyd, could you please provide a link to the source image you used? Thanks beforehand!

11 hours ago, null54 said:

The dummy Paint.NET effect dialog no longer shows when the Qt dialog is closed.
The G'MIC executable is now run on a background thread, this stops the Paint.NET window from freezing while G'MIC is running.

Fixed an issue with the clipboard when running as a repeat effect.

File version updated to 1.1.0.

🙂 👍👏

Null54, you're pretty amazing. I asked about this and BAM! 2 minutes later here it was. What a great Christmas present you made for us in the PDN world. So kind of you....AND SO FAST! I blinked, and there it was.

There's ways to make filters for G'MIC. You can edit .g'mic file with Kate text editor and see codes for every single filters on G'MIC. You can even reuse part of filters as part of a new filter.

Reference https://gmic.eu/reference.shtml

There's also a PDF file with code examples. Mind you, it is over 400 pages.

Edited by Reptillian

G'MIC Filter Developer

14 hours ago, HyReZ said:

I have tried and have commented about my attempt to apply your recent suggestion

Hi, I work with hi resolution, too. So, like you, I can't use it, either. Total huge bummer. I work in professional printing dpi, which is usually 300dpi, not 96. I'm having a few issues with other plugins doing barely noticeable effects with some of the plugins, too, using 300 dpi. Sometimes it helps to duplicate the process repeatedly, or the layer, repeatedly. Not always, or it kind-of does, but some of the time not how it would show up in 96 dpi. PDN is fantastic for 96 and 120 dpi work. I'm still using PDN for some other things it works fantastic with, so, that's a good thing. It's forced me to use the alternative software, which I genuinely loath - because it's so bloated but it's also free, so I shouldn't be so ungrateful, but I've gotten pretty good at that one, too. Still, I'd love to just stay with PDN if I can and when I can. PDN still does a great deal. It's my first go to. From there, I give it my best and anyone reading this, make no mistake, PDN is still incredible and has incredible features to use for 300 dpi.

@ScrapbookWithPDN,

I have been a user of Paint.NET for 10 years and I love it! Back in 2010 I bought the Academic  version of the Adobe Creative Suite 5 because teachers got an 85% discount. Learning Photoshop took an lot of hours. Today I use Paint.NET for most of my graphics works. It has most of the tools I need and with the Effects and File Type plugins; I can handle most of my creation and editing requirements.

I have an assortment of graphic creation and editing apps and I don't hesitate to use them with in the execution of a single project. Paint.NET does not have to do everything! It does many great things for a price that is unbeatable!

The 64-bit download has been updated (I had forgotten to include the Qt plugin DLLs).

• Upvote 1

PdnSig.png

Thanks null54 for the 64-bit version. Much better...

Some of my favorite filters include Brushify and DreamSmooth.

HHM6qDT.jpg

Source image : 

Edited by dipstick
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

69unju0.gif