null54

G'MIC (1-12-2019)

@ScrapbookWithPDN

Thank you for your words. I am really happy that thanks to Pixey's video I understood how it works.

The Spanish Water Dog (Perro ) exists since around 80-90 years, and is cultured in Spain. Then the other is the Portuguese Water Dog (Obama had one of those). 

The dog named by you (Golden-Doodle ) is, as far as I know, bred in Europe in the east and is a quite young breed.  If you place a Perro next to one ( Golden-Doodle) then you can easily see the difference between the two breeds. 

I chose the Perro because of his great, lovable qualities. He is not a hunter but a keeper, he is not a biter but he is self-confident enough to guard a herd. He bows a bell about barkers, they are not interesting for him.

For me it was the absolute stroke of luck, because I am not very consistent in the education. This little guy has achieved everything with me through patience and charm. We are together now for 14 years and 5 months and I have not regretted one day to have decided for him. 

Have a nice day/evening and greetings from Hamburg

• Like 1

<3 @null54👍

Thank you very much for the new version. :coffee: :cake:
*Sorry! I have no more points, come back tomorrow.

Version 1.3.0.0 doesn't seem to work with my paint.net v 4.0.19 for some reason.

EDIT: I just found that I can use v1.2.0 G'mic dll along with the newer v1.3.0 folder with the support files. Now I'm running G'mic v2.4.4 while using the compatible v1.2.0 G'mic dll for my PDN version. The best of both worlds now...

Edited by dipstick
update

3 minutes ago, dipstick said:

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'PaintDotNet.Effects.EffectOptions' from assembly 'PaintDotNet.Effects, Version=4.19.6484.39094, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

EffectOptions is a newer paint.net feature that plugin authors can use. It was added in paint.net v4.1.2.

Why have you not upgrade to the most recent paint.net?

I'm running Win7x64 in a VM that's locked down with no internet. I don't want to install the needed resources for the latest PDN version. Paint.net v4.0.19 works well enough with G'mic plugin v1.2.0, so I'll stick with that one.  

Hi, sorry if I'm being really stupid, but do I need any other software to run this plugin? Because I tried both versions, putting them (both the dll and  the folder) to the effect folder, but literally nothing happens, Paint.net does not react nor shows anything at all. I had no problems with adding plugins before.

Thanks

Edited by jacrow

Hi @jacrow

Welcome to the forum.

No other software is needed for this new plugin.

When you say "nothing happens"  what do you expect?

Is GMic showing up in the advanced folder?

What version of Windows and Paint.Net are you running?

This is a start.

@AndrewDavid Thanks

Well I expect it to appear in the effect menu in Paint.net, just like other plugins I installed did. But it just doesn't happen, there is no advanced folder for that matter.

Paint.net 4.0.13 and Windows 8.1

Hi Again @jacrow

From some of the previous posts , I understand that the newest release of Paint.Net has some new features. These features are what allow GMic to run. The current version is 4.1.5  Upgrading may resolve the issue. https://www.getpaint.net/download.html

For clarification the plugin is found in Effects/Advanced/GMic

Let us know what happens. :)

@AndrewDavid Well Andrew, you have my thanks. And I feel rather stupid.

I saw the update notification in Paint.net from time to time, even recently I think... but it seems that it did not update, in fact... so yeah, the out-of-date version was the problem.

Once again, thanks :)

@jacrow

The great thing about the help here in Paint.net is that you can be unknowing without being considered stupid -  
and that makes it a lot easier to ask for help😅