How to Install Plugins ×

G'MIC (03-12-2024)

null54

On 9/3/2020 at 1:18 PM, mackenzieh said:

version 2.9.2 is out. 

Updated to G'MIC version 2.9.2.

• Upvote 1

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

Thank you for the update @null54.

It'll be nice if you can clarify whether we need to replace the folder every time we replace the dll.

(It really is no trouble, I do it anyway, but I thought that perhaps I it'll be nice for users to know).

Xkds4Lh.png

4 hours ago, Djisves said:

It'll be nice if you can clarify whether we need to replace the folder every time we replace the dll.

Yes, you need to replace the folder every time the plugin is updated.

• Upvote 1

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

• 5 weeks later...

This is not my work, so I will post here. @G'MIC has created a new filter that can generate image based on random functions. I thought you guys should know about this.

d28118d69fd5887bdb86b8a79e780003ecc29c68

• Like 1

G'MIC Filter Developer

• 1 month later...
  • null54 changed the title to G'MIC (11-17-2020)
2 hours ago, mackenzieh said:

version 2.9.3 is out

Updated G'MIC to version 2.9.3.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

PdnSig.png

Anyone else having problems with the latest version?

When I run the plug-in all seems well to begin with, but then a "Choose Folder" dialogue box appears and the effect does not work.

The previous versions of G'MIC worked fine.

I am running Windows 10 Pro (2004)

Kindest regards

Roger

I don't believe it, just re-installed the G'MIC plug-in and now it appears to be ok.

(What a relief) 🙂

Kindest regards

Roger the Dodger

• null54 changed the title to G'MIC (12-01-2020)

The previous version was crashing all the time - this one is stable, thank you. Some of my favorites:

-tiled normalization-

Tiled-Normalization.png

-super-pixels-

Super-Pixels.png

-retro fade-

Retro-Fade.png

-graphic novel-

Graphic-Novel.png

PS. Maybe a silly question but some filters save the result only as several images (layers), with no "Output As Separate Layers" box to uncheck. For example, Drop Water has this box (and the option of saving as one image) and Colorize Lineart [Auto Fill] does not. Is it a bug or a feature?

Edited by Vagabondi
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

signature.png.ebe2dec8b8faab2aa57630b352

my gallery is  here

• null54 changed the title to G'MIC (2020-02-06)

Release version 2.9.5.

Changes:

• Updated to G'MIC version 2.9.5.
  • Improved the description when saving multiple output images.
  • Only overwrite the canvas when the output image matches the document size.
    • Resized images will be placed on the clipboard and the user will be prompted to save them.
  • Show the save dialog for multiple output images when running as a repeat effect.
  • The G'MIC-Qt Apply button can now be used to "layer" multiple G'MIC effects in a single session.
    • Note that only the most recently applied effect will be used when running as a repeat effect.

On 12/1/2020 at 6:19 PM, Vagabondi said:

PS. Maybe a silly question but some filters save the result only as several images (layers), with no "Output As Separate Layers" box to uncheck. For example, Drop Water has this box (and the option of saving as one image) and Colorize Lineart [Auto Fill] does not. Is it a bug or a feature?

Those options would be set by the developer of the G'MIC filter.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

PdnSig.png

• null54 changed the title to G'MIC (2020-02-12)
  • 1 month later...
  • null54 changed the title to G'MIC (2020-04-07)
2 hours ago, mackenzieh said:

Version 2.9.7 has been released. 

Release version 2.9.7.

Changes:

• Updated to G'MIC version 2.9.7.
  • Fixed a issue with the handling of hidden layers.
  • Added a missing Qt style plugin.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

PdnSig.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • null54 changed the title to G'MIC (2021-07-16)

Release version 2.9.8.

Changes:

• Updated to G'MIC version 2.9.8.
  • Made the clipboard layer the top layer, this matches the top to bottom layer order that GIMP uses.
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

PdnSig.png

• 1 month later...

@G'MIC

Your 3D Blocks filter consistently outputs a new file to a folder of my choosing by the popup dialogue.

Can you look at this and create a switch for this?

Outputting to a new file is not always desirable.

I think it also has something to do with changing form size.

Perhaps you could explain. :)

PaintNetSignature.png.6bca4e07f5d738b2436f83d0ce1b876f.png

2 hours ago, AndrewDavid said:

Your 3D Blocks filter consistently outputs a new file to a folder of my choosing by the popup dialogue.

That behavior is part of the Paint.NET plugin, it will output the image to a new file if the image size does not match the canvas.

This was a change made in version 2.9.5 of the Paint.NET plugin.

My G'MIC plugin for Photoshop has the same behavior, I had users of that plugin complain when it was overwriting the canvas with a resized image.

The Photoshop plugin has the option to set a default output folder, when one is set it will save the multiple output and resized images to that folder without prompting the user. I may add that feature to the Paint.NET plugin.

Versions prior to 2.9.5 would overwrite the canvas with the output image (cropping if necessary), while placing the full-sized image on the clipboard.

Showing a save dialog makes it more obvious to the user that the image has been resized, and fixes a data loss issue if the image has been enlarged.

• Thanks 1

PdnSig.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • null54 changed the title to G'MIC (2021-09-02)
4 hours ago, Reptillian said:

2.9.9 has been released.

Release version 2.9.9.

Changes:

• Updated to G'MIC version 2.9.9.
  • Updated the error handling code to use the IExceptionDialogService.
  • Fixed a UI issue when running as a repeat effect.
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

PdnSig.png

• 3 months later...