How to Install Plugins ×

G'MIC (03-12-2024)

null54

I don't know, pre-release probably will be here today for Krita or GIMP. That means official release will happen soon which means PDN will have it, but I can't tell you when.

Edited by Reptillian

G'MIC Filter Developer

50 minutes ago, Reptillian said:

I don't know, pre-release probably will be here today for Krita or GIMP. That means official release will happen soon which means PDN will have it, but I can't tell you when.

OK, thanks for the reply :) 

HFuQlot.png

7 hours ago, mottoman said:

So when is this update available ? and from where do we get it ? Thanks. 

It is available now. 😃

Updated to the February 27 2019 pre-release build of G'MIC 2.5.0, file version updated to 1.5.2.0.

• Like 2

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

What a great program. I've been sitting here for hours looking at how colors, shapes, etc. can be changed.

The results are just great for me, because I can't determine light and shadow, color changes or brightness

very well. Since you can display the difference in Before and After, I will certainly get good support for special

images.
I feel good ;):lightning::smile::music:

<3 @null54!

A wonderful plugin. Thank you so much for your effort. :coffee: :cake:

• Upvote 1

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Added a more descriptive error message for the crash reported by @lifeday in the following post.

https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/110458-the-plugin-browser-v1302-sept-28-2018/?do=findComment&comment=555338

As I have been unable to reproduce the crash, this should hopefully provide the information I need to fix it.

File version updated to 1.5.3.0.

• Like 1

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

Sorry, me again, another crash of paint.net initiated by gmic, irritated me, because tonight everything was fine, I could do stylize without problems, also I could apply colors etc. on the pictures. Today most colors etc. don't work anymore. It looks like this is the latest version of gmic I downloaded from paint.net? Could that be? My question should please not be seen as a myth, only as a question from someone who no longer understands what worked so well tonight (I thought I downloaded the previous version of gmic from paint.net) is no longer possible. 
The behavior of paint.net today is the same as yesterday when gmic edited stylice and wanted to move to paint.net - or whatever, paint.net crashed.
Does anyone know any advice?

@lifeday

I am sorry to hear that you are having difficulties! I have made the G'MIC updates and have preformed several test with the Stylize effects and could not get a crash.
I did not load the current Paint.NET alpha, did you?

Edited by HyReZ
  • Upvote 1

Hi @HyReZ,

I mean the updates of paint.net will be done automatically.
I also had trouble with Krita today, so I thought it was my PC. I have uninstalled Krita and deleted all small parts. Then all gmic programs. Then I installed Gimp. The new gmic is already installed there. I don't really like GIMP, but I tried gmic there and it worked great. Even stylize worked very well. But I want to be careful, maybe the little ghost of destruction will be back.:smile:
I will leave out gmic at paint.net for now. Krita stays outside and I will use gmic over Gimp. Let's have a look.
I am happy that the program works well for you.

I don't dare to send a success message anymore, because who knows what will happen in the next hour with the little ghost? ;)
Obviously a new Paint.net version was installed incl. gmic.!?
Now I just took two pictures and let them edit with stylize. Not very nice but it worked - happy!

Edited by lifeday

1 hour ago, lifeday said:

Hi @HyReZ,

I mean the updates of paint.net will be done automatically.
I also had trouble with Krita today, so I thought it was my PC. I have uninstalled Krita and deleted all small parts. Then all gmic programs. Then I installed Gimp. The new gmic is already installed there. I don't really like GIMP, but I tried gmic there and it worked great. Even stylize worked very well. But I want to be careful, maybe the little ghost of destruction will be back.:smile:
I will leave out gmic at paint.net for now. Krita stays outside and I will use gmic over Gimp. Let's have a look.
I am happy that the program works well for you.

Actually, Krita g'mic stylize do have a bug where it fails to render though it might be address this year or so. This isn't a Krita forum though there are multi-software users. Also .gmic is a file where all the g'mic filter codes reside in. Very easily accessible and does not require compilation. So, even non-programmer could make their filter when they learn a little about g'mic coding, and doesn't need as many lines as C# or C++ to do the same, and also allows non-paint net users to use those filters as well though it comes with the caveat of the code being open which isn't what some coders want.

29 minutes ago, HyReZ said:

I never let alphas and betas install automatically. I'm just fussy like that! 🙂

Considering how sometimes code breaks as a result of changes, that's not really being fussy. I been there breaking things when I update to g'mic community.

Edited by Reptillian
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

G'MIC Filter Developer

Having just had a fool around with the stylise effect, I am given this prompt concerning two layers. I have two layers of the same image loaded. The previous release of this plugin also gave the same prompt. Any thoughts on it ? 

92VW8kg.jpg

BREtKQW.png

You're supposed to copy a image you want to use first, and change layer input to active and below or something like that.

Edited by Reptillian
  • Upvote 1

G'MIC Filter Developer

25 minutes ago, Reptillian said:

You're supposed to copy a image you want to use first, and change layer input to active and below or something like that.

Just tried doing that, still getting the same prompt as the above screenshot.

Edited by DrewDale

BREtKQW.png

Hi @Reptillian

I have only described my problem and since paint.net with gmic is working fine with me again - as you can see on the new stylize picture, I am very, very satisfied, because paint.net is the platform for me, on which I totaly like to work.
I deleted Krita, because I only needed it for picture frames in gmic, because the picture frames are not displayed in paint.net (only half of the picture).
Now I downloaded Gimp again and it works really well with gmic as well. 
Your suggestions for writing your own filters are good and I think it's great that you can also enter them in gmic. (By the way, I like to use the filters from "Testing"). The problem with me is simple: "I'm just a user" and never really understood what has to happens in a program for it to really work, despite my many hours (120) to learn exactly these things. I have to acquire everything very laboriously and do it even if I can't do it any other way. However, in my spare time I want to do more things than explore bits and bytes. I am rather the creative type. 

@DrewDale

I just created another stylize picture in paint.net and it worked. I am very happy about that.

I wish you that it will work for you again soon.

baum_im_winter_640x500neuA.jpg

3 hours ago, Reptillian said:

Considering how sometimes code breaks as a result of changes, that's not really being fussy. I been there breaking things when I update to g'mic community.

In the old days I wanted to be the first to try every new tweak. I even had a few clones of OSs around so that I could just unlock a my hard drive bay and insert a functional backup and reboot when things got hairy, but now, "Ain't nobody got time for that!" 🙂

Keep up the good work!

Edited by HyReZ

5 hours ago, DrewDale said:

This is very interesting and a lot of fun/exploration to be had.  

After installing G'Mic for the first time (and every time) there is an update icon I press before trying anything. Ctrl-R / F5. You will see it below the list of filters and where it says "Internet".

2 hours ago, Reptillian said:

You're supposed to copy a image you want to use first

Not if you plan to use any of the built in Styles found in the drop down list labelled "Styles"

5 hours ago, HyReZ said:

I never let alphas and betas install automatically. I'm just fussy like that!

Both Alpha Paint.Net and G'Mic 1.5.3.0  loaded on Win 10 Evaluation Copy.

Its like keeping up with the Jones ( Or Brewsters) 😁

Someone has to try and make things crash.

Hope this helps.

Edited by AndrewDavid
Version corrected
  • Like 1

PaintNetSignature.png.6bca4e07f5d738b2436f83d0ce1b876f.png

<3 Dear @lifeday!

Madness so great result. Thank you for sharing this with us! 🍰 

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Thanks @AndrewDavid for the pointers. 

There must have been a ghost in the machine yesterday, I managed to create a stylised image this morning. A mix of the railway station at Lhasa and a houseboat belonging to David Gilmour. Result:

ibzT4UA.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

BREtKQW.png

Dear @Seerose

Thank you very much for your opinion. It's fun to use gmic again. Paint.net works great again. Everything perfect. I go right on the way to look at your page about gmic. I am already looking forward to it.

LG from Hamburg

• Like 1