I can not install Paint.NET

Akcam

1.SetupResources.dll missing from 1048 directory 

2.Returning IDOK. INSTALLMESSAGE_ERROR [The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2203. ]

3.PerformOperation returned 1603 (translates to HRESULT = 0x80070643)

4.Returning IDOK. INSTALLMESSAGE_ERROR [The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2203. ]

PerformOperation returned 1603 (translates to HRESULT = 0x80070643)
OnFailureBehavior for this item is to Stop.
Action complete
Final Result: Installation failed with error code: (0x80070643), "Eroare fatală în timpul instalării. " (Elapsed time: 0 00:01:01).

Boot into Windows Safe Mode, and the run the offline installer again.

Let us know how it goes. Put all your information in just one reply. 28 posts is absolutely ridiculous, and you need to stop that.

• Like 1

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

Honestly  I don`t know what to do.Never faced these problems.I have to do everything step by step.

Edited by Akcam

Try my first go to solution for anything MS system related. First put in a restore point then:-

Run chkdsk - easiest way is to go to My Computer or whatever your version of Windows calls it now and right click on your primary HDD > Properties > Tools > Check now. That will set up a boot time error check for any indexing errors and bad sectors on the HDD. Reboot the PC to start it.

Once finished and rebooted then run System File Checker - use Run > CMD and type "sfc /scannow" (without the quotation marks of course). Press enter and it will start checking and fixing any system files errors it finds. If you are told there were errors then that is actually a good thing because they could be what was causing the PDN install problem.

Now try updating your .NET MS Framework version using Windows Updates > Check for Updates from your Control Panel.

This may or may not work but it won't do any harm trying it.

Edited by IHaveNoName

IHaveNoName.png

From MS docs 

In Windows 8 and above, the .NET Framework is an operating system component and cannot be independently uninstalled.......

So it is actually part of the OS if you're using Windows 8/8.1 or 10 so you must have it on your system if you're using one of those but looking back at your previous posts it appears you may be using Windows 7 with SP1.

Windows 7 SP1 comes with .NET MS Framework v3.5.1 and it is part of the OS too but you do have to enable it manually from the Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features and click on the "Turn Windows features on or off" option in the side menu. It should show .NET MS Framework 3.5.1 in the list of Windows features. Admin rights are required.

If the box next to it is clear then you have not enabled that feature, if it is showing a filled (blue) box it means that only the main option there is enabled. That is normal, you do not need to enable the other two options for .NET MS Framework to function.    

However do not anything at this point ie. do not enable or disable the feature - just look and see if the main component was enabled.

It appears you've been trying to install various later versions of .NET MS Framework so who knows what consequences that might have had. Therefore I would urge you use System File Checker first as I described. Remember to create a restore point first.

SFC might sort out the problem by resetting that part of the OS back to the immediate post install state from which you should be able to update .Net MS Framework as intended. But until you try you won't know.

Edited by IHaveNoName

IHaveNoName.png

• toe_head2001 locked this topic

This topic has festered long enough. Adding irrelevant information helps no one.

There seems to be serious issues with Akcam's installation of Windows. This is not something we can help with.

• Upvote 1

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab