Year 5,236,820 - Exploding Sun

heythere

This is my 11th PDN image, created using Ben R_R's Explosion Tutorial and my own method of creating a realistic sun. The combination of the two resulted in an explosion of the sun!

sunexplodeza6.gif

I particularly like areas like the upper right corner where you could see the sun crumbling.

Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.

Feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

Great picture! I like the crumbling part. :)

Although, when a star is dies, doesn't it shrinks into nothing or it creates a black hole depending on the size?

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f134/Code_Ember/daredevil_v3.png

Code_Ember passed away on October 25, 2008. The Paint.NET forum staff and members wish his family and friends only the best in this difficult time.

Great picture! I like the crumbling part. :)

Thanks a lot. The crumbling part was an accident by the way - but I loved it!

Although, when a star is dies, doesn't it shrinks into nothing or it creates a black hole depending on the size?

:idea: Some of them (small ones) explode. Large ones turn into black holes. And our sun grows and then shrinks.

I guess I shouldn't call it the sun, but my original sun picture looked just like it. :)

@Crimson: our sun doesn't blow up. And I AM in eighth grade! :lol:

You're ALL wrong. :P

*rubs hands together*

Prepare to get schooled.

When small to medium sized stars, such as our sun, run out of fuel, they near the end of their life. Then, the star rapidly cools and expands, turning into a Red Giant. After its fuel source is completely depleted, it gradually collapses on itself, turning into a white dwarf.

Large stars, on the other hand, prefer to go out with a bang. At the end of their life, they implode, and create a HUGE explosion, or a supernova. After the supernova, all that is left is an incredibly small point of EXTREME density, heat, and pressure. This small point, can either be a black hole, or a neutron star. If it is a revolving neutron star, it is called a pulsar.

[/geek]

Nice pic, by the way. Your own sun technique isn't very visible, although that might just be me. Keep up the good work! :)

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

You're ALL wrong. :P

*rubs hands together*

Prepare to get schooled.

When small to medium sized stars, such as our sun, run out of fuel, they near the end of their life. Then, the star rapidly cools and expands, turning into a Red Giant. After its fuel source is completely depleted, it gradually collapses on itself, turning into a white dwarf.

Large stars, on the other hand, prefer to go out with a bang. At the end of their life, they implode, and create a HUGE explosion, or a supernova. After the supernova, all that is left is an incredibly small point of EXTREME density, heat, and pressure. This small point, can either be a black hole, or a neutron star. If it is a revolving neutron star, it is called a pulsar.

[/geek]

Nice pic, by the way. Your own sun technique isn't very visible, although that might just be me. Keep up the good work! :)

*gets blown away*

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f134/Code_Ember/daredevil_v3.png

Code_Ember passed away on October 25, 2008. The Paint.NET forum staff and members wish his family and friends only the best in this difficult time.

Haha, I remember that all from just this past school year.

Wait, are you still in Jr high? Only reason I ask is that the last time I remember going over stars and suchlike was 6th grade (a while back for me...)and you beat me to the explanation.

Anyways, pretty cool pic dude/dudette. I attempted something similar, but got distracted and came up with some acidic looking metal...o_O? I also got an umbrella!

MatoyakSignatureSlashedTL.png

Wait, are you still in Jr high? Only reason I ask is that the last time I remember going over stars and suchlike was 6th grade (a while back for me...)and you beat me to the explanation.

Anyways, pretty cool pic dude/dudette. I attempted something similar, but got distracted and came up with some acidic looking metal...o_O? I also got an umbrella!

Just finished middle school. We learned astronomy and such in 8th grade. Going into high school in a week.

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

Just finished middle school. We learned astronomy and such in 8th grade. Going into high school in a week.

Ah, nice...BTW, you come off as being much older than that. High school's fun until your Junior year, if you take the honors classes. Then it's a b***h. Anyways, have fun with it...and don't let the seniors get to ya :D

MatoyakSignatureSlashedTL.png