Why doesn't it install?

X-BIRT

I've downloaded version 4.1.4 on my new laptop; but when I try to install it, it says 'Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10 (build 1607 or higher) is required'. I am on Windows 10 Pro build 10240. So I try to install the .NET framework. There was a 3.X version in my computer, but I disabled it. Yet, running the install for 4.7.1 tells me that it's not supported on my operating system. How do I fix this exactly, it is a REQUIREMENT for my hobby of videography as many template images (such as my thumbnail template) are only  in .pdn (save for a few I got in .ora, but won't be able to use currently). 

Edited by X-BIRT

2 minutes ago, X-BIRT said:

or Windows 10 (build 1607 or higher) is required'. I am on Windows 10 Pro build 10240

Looks like you've answered your own question:  Build 10240 (1507) is lower than 1607.

Try running Windows Update to get the latest version of Windows 10.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

• toe_head2001 changed the title to Why doesn't it install?

Yeah it is certainly weird. The build number (e.g. 10240) is really a Microsoft-internal number, while the version number (1507, 1607, etc.) is the "product" version meant for consumers.

The build number tends to increase by 1 every day, so I guess it makes sense they wouldn't want to release "Windows 10 build 17763" (which is v1809). But it's still confusing because you end up with both numbers out in the wild.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg