Stycks

(null) error when trying to install

Hey

I wanted to install paint.net once again. But every time I try to install it, it just stops and I get this pop up. I have installed Microsoft .NET framework multiple times but it didnt help.

Oh and i have Win7 64 bit

paint error.PNG

NVIDIA control panel. → 3D Settings Management. → Selected graphics processor. Change to: "Auto-select

2 hours ago, BoltBait said:

NVIDIA control panel. → 3D Settings Management. → Selected graphics processor. Change to: "Auto-select

Im now in the Manage 3D settings tab but i cant find "Selected graphics processor"

I'm trying to use my ESP to read your mind, but it's not working... perhaps you could show us a screenshot of what you're seeing?

40 minutes ago, BoltBait said:

I'm trying to use my ESP to read your mind, but it's not working... perhaps you could show us a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Well I hope its the right thing that I opened and that it isn't just some stupid mistake by myself 

nvidia panel.PNG

Edited by Stycks

OK, I'm not sure why you don't have this option:

Default.png

But, go into the Program Settings tab and specify this:

Custom.png

Perhaps the option doesn't show because his hardware doesn't supply integrated graphics.  Like if he's using a very old Intel processor, or an AMD processor without the built-in  Radeon chip.

What's the processor in your computer?

48 minutes ago, Stycks said:

I have an Intel i5-6500

Ok, nevermind then. That processor isn't an ancient one, and does includes a built-in GPU.

Just make sure the Intel GPU isn't disabled in the Device Manage or in the motherboard's firmware ("BIOS").

Edited by toe_head2001

To me that crash log might as well be in Klingon ie. I'm no expert. But in comparison to the last Paint.net crash log I have from the crash on exit issues caused by v4.1.3 the obvious thing of note is the MS .NET Framework version.

On my Win7 64bit system it simply lists the current version of that, now  v4.7.2. The equivalent entry in Styks' PDN crash log shows multiple .NET Framework versions.

Win7 apparently came with v2 - v3.5 components as part of the OS so are not normally listed even in the Control Panel > Programs because of that. It should not have been necessary to install .NET Framework "multiple times".  That may even be part of the problem. I'd check the latest MS .NET Framework shown there and use Windows Update to install the newest version which has just been released in the MS Nov.2018 Monthly update package. 

But first, in the absence of any other better advice, I'd run System File Checker using cmd (command prompt) : type "sfc /scannow"  just to check those system files are OK and if necessary repair them.

Edited by IHaveNoName