Wondering what effects this image has.

Snoopy329

Hi all. I was wondering if someone could tell me what effects they think were used in the attached image.

.Untitled.png.63eb748ae063865fb5c15bf1d5fbcc55.png

If it helps I also have it on imgur at https://imgur.com/AwwC5hb

I notice it has a bit of a bevel(?) on the edges as well as some shading(?) but, I cannot label what the yellow edges would be called (highlights?). I'd like to replicate the effects on some text of the same color that I'd like to put under the image.

I was also wondering if there is any way of to simply change the color from red to blue without filling it in.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @Snoopy329 and Welcome to the forum.

Yes you could change the image color quite easily.

blue.png

1.  Use the magic wand to select the white background and hit delete.
2.  Use AA's Assistant to clean up the edges.
3.  Then use Color Flip and Rotate.

Here is how to download Plugins.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

6 minutes ago, Pixey said:

Hi @Snoopy329 and Welcome to the forum.

Yes you could change the image color quite easily.

blue.png

1.  Use the magic wand to select the white background and hit delete.
2.  Use AA's Assistant to clean up the edges.
3.  Then use Color Flip and Rotate.

Here is how to download Plugins.

Hi Pixey and thank you. I have the plug-ins installed and I have figured out the drop-shadow effect but, I am still trying figure out the object bevel effect. I will try that link you gave me for the other plug-ins. Any tutorial on how to use the object bevel plug in?

Hiya - just off the bat ..... I have a tutorial where you can see how to bevel an object at step #5.  There are two ways to use bevel objects.

1.  In the tutorial I use it on a new layer with the 'lines' selected with the magic wand first, then I make a new layer and use the plugin.

2.  You can also bevel the object/lines by clicking on the lines with the magic wand and then bevel right over.

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Nice. Thank you very much. I will work on your tutorial. Any specific bevel object plug-in I should install? I don't believe I saw it in your tutorial.

1 hour ago, Snoopy329 said:

Nice. Thank you very much. I will work on your tutorial. Any specific bevel object plug-in I should install? I don't believe I saw it in your tutorial.

Sorry - I will have to add it to my Tutorial tomorrow :mrred:

Here is the one I am partial to in @BoltBait's pack:

30b8T8B.gif

Greetings Snoopy329,

The fast and simplest way to change the color is with the Hue / Saturation control under the Adjustment tab.

You can watch the color change in real time as you move the Hue slider.

(Since black, white, and grays in your image are not hues; they won't be affected by the hue shifting)

Edited by HyReZ

Wow! Thank all of you for the advice. I am working on the design (with little time)  using all of your suggestions. Still trying to figure out the bevel object but, I will try Boltbait's plug-in. Will let you guys know. Thank you!