Sign in to follow this  
AndrewDavid

Happy Birthday Administrators

Gawd is it really that time of the year again.

Hope you guys both have a good day.  Happy birthdays ??

Edited by welshblue

OMG - It's your Birthdays again - can't believe it's come around so soon.  Happy Birthday Guys.

For my birthday, I went to see the movie Bohemian Rhapsody... now I’m going to be crying all day.

• Like 1

I had a very pleasant evening having dinner with friends.

Best present: a 18" Sthil chainsaw! (I bought it for me :))

Thank you all for your kind wishes. I'm reminded again why I love this forum and the wonderful people on it ❤️

To my almost-twin @BoltBait: Happy Birthday! I hope yours was as brilliant as mine. I do hope that someday we can celebrate our birthdays together. That would be awesome!

• Like 1

After the movie, my family took me out to dinner at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. I had the Jambalaya. 

My best gift was the Nintendo Classic Edition. This will go in the game room I’m building. 

I do do need a new chainsaw, however. But that’s something I would buy for myself. (My old Husqvarna was stolen when my house got broken into a few years ago.)

7 hours ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

I do hope that someday we can celebrate our birthdays together

That would be a cool goal to aim for.  Glad you both had great days

Your comments open up the age old question though - Husky or Sthil for the win ...  towards the end of my forestry career I always leaned towards Jonsered - better value - more reliability and didn't mind being tuned high enough to scream without throwing it's crankshaft bearings

Edited by welshblue

Happy belated birthdays to BoltBait and Ego.

The biggest problem for chainsaws (or any two-stroke engine) around here is the use of methanol in the gasoline sold. The 15% or sometimes higher ethanol can strip away the lubricating oil's effect and cause serious wear and damage to bearings and pistons. Not to mention dissolving the fuel lines and gumming up the carburetor.   

Ahh the great ethanol scam - decreased mpg, worse acceleration and a nightmare for the older classic car.  Plus it's alleged now that it can make smog worse not better.

Thankfully in the UK unleaded is only 5% and no requirements for super unleaded.  

Apparently for smaller quantities you can remove the ethanol using water and epsom salts - how viable it is I don't know, or even if it works ?

Anything that can cause rust inside engines/ dissolves seals etc is evil  to petrol heads ?