How to copy/paste colors?

My daughter gave me a color palette to use for a new abstract render for her. How do I save the  9 colors she chose and access them without setting the color individually for each one from the color wheel which is so time consuming???):) Please help me:):)

I'm not even sure how to get back to this forum to see any answers. Do I come back to here?:

Color Palette.png

47 minutes ago, flmngseabass said:

How do I save the  9 colors she chose and access them without setting the color individually for each one from the color wheel which is so time consuming?

You could create a palette file that paint.net can load. However, even then you'd need to convert your RGB values to HEX values.

https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/WorkingWithPalettes.html

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

Here you go. I've created a little palette file for you and attached it to this post (find a link at the end of this post).

Put the attached file in

C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Documents\paint.net App Files\Palettes (Store version) or

C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Documents\paint.net User Files\Palettes (Classic Version)

Restart paint.net.

1. Open the Manage Palettes dropdown list.

2. Select the file named with your username.

Custompalette.png

Bingo!

customcolors.png

flmngseabass.txt

• Like 1

In PDN, you can open the image you posted showing the colors. Then to select a color from the image, use the Color Picker. Set the Color Window to the "More" state, so it shows additional details. When you select a color with the Color Picker, it will show up in square with a little plus sign in the corner (near the lower-left side of the Color Window, just above the palette colors).  Click that little colored square, then click the palette color entry you want it to replace. Once you add all the colors to the palette, you can save the palette as a custom palette file, and reload it whenever you need it.

• Like 1