Urgent help needed!

So, I tried working on my assessment pieces earlier today, and got the following message:

System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: Exception thrown by worker thread ---> System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.IO.InvalidDataException: The CRC in GZip footer does not match the CRC calculated from the decompressed data.

at System.IO.Compression.GZipDecoder.Validate()

at System.IO.Compression.Inflater.Inflate(Byte[] bytes, Int32 offset, Int32 length)

at System.IO.Compression.DeflateStream.Read(Byte[] array, Int32 offset, Int32 count)

at PaintDotNet.IO.StreamExtensionsCore.Read(Stream input, Byte* pbBuffer, Int32 length) in D:\src\pdn\src\Core\IO\StreamExtensionsCore.cs:line 70

at PaintDotNet.MemoryBlock.DecompressChunk(Byte[] compressedBytes, UInt32 chunkSize, Int64 chunkOffset, DeferredFormatter deferredFormatter) in D:\src\pdn\src\Core\MemoryBlock.cs:line 684

at PaintDotNet.MemoryBlock.<>c__DisplayClass50_0.<PaintDotNet.Serialization.IDeferredSerializable.FinishDeserialization>b__0() in D:\src\pdn\src\Core\MemoryBlock.cs:line 757

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WaitAll(Task[] tasks, Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

at PaintDotNet.MemoryBlock.PaintDotNet.Serialization.IDeferredSerializable.FinishDeserialization(Stream input, DeferredFormatter formatter) in D:\src\pdn\src\Core\MemoryBlock.cs:line 770

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at PaintDotNet.MemoryBlock.PaintDotNet.Serialization.IDeferredSerializable.FinishDeserialization(Stream input, DeferredFormatter formatter) in D:\src\pdn\src\Core\MemoryBlock.cs:line 775

at PaintDotNet.Serialization.DeferredFormatter.FinishDeserialization(Stream input) in D:\src\pdn\src\Core\Serialization\DeferredFormatter.cs:line 139

at PaintDotNet.Document.FromStream(Stream stream) in D:\src\pdn\src\Data\Document.cs:line 1438

at PaintDotNet.FileType.Load(Stream input) in D:\src\pdn\src\Data\FileType.cs:line 496

at PaintDotNet.Functional.Func.Eval[T1,TRet](Func`2 f, T1 arg1) in D:\src\pdn\src\Base\Functional\Func.cs:line 158

I've been working on them on the same laptop in the latest version of Paint.NET, and have suddenly been getting this message. I really need help, otherwise I'm on the verge of failing!

Edited by jhvhkgcv
Grammar fix-up

Hello and Welcome @jhvhkgcv :)

Until a 'tech'  logs on who may know about what's causing your problem, here's my 2 cents :imhappehtoo:.

Can you tell us what operating system you have on your laptop please.  And, how much memory do you have?

And it's worth to try this: 

OS (C:) – Program Files – Paint.net – scroll down to the  PdnRepair.exe and run it.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• toe_head2001 changed the title to Urgent help needed!