I am unable to use recently downloaded plugins.

Boom

I picked up PDN a few days ago and am figuring out the basics and trying to get a hold of things. I started downloading plugins like Dent and they worked well. Then I downloaded a pack with Feather and a few others and they aren't working at all. I tried deleting them and redownloading and installing them and made sure they were in the "Effects" folder of PDN and that still didn't work. I also downloaded "Ghastly Text" font from ttr and it extracted fine, was placed in the fonts folder and even opened well in another program but is unable to be found when I try to use it on PDN. Can anyone offer a new guy some advice? Thanks. Be cool, I remain....

-Boom

"Most men lead lives of quiet desperation" - Henry David Thoreau

If you are using Internet Explorer to download the plugins, you may have to "unblock" them.

Paint.NET has to be restarted for any new plugins to show up.

If the plugins you downloaded are in ZIP format, you have to unzip them.

Make sure you have the latest version of Paint.NET

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

I will try reinstalling PDN.

I have the latest version.

I use Firefox.

I have restarted it and my computer a dozen times since then.

I do unzip them.

I will take any new suggestions. Thanks so far.

This is the only thing popping up in that section.

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\EdHarvey.Effects.dll

Name: EdHarvey.Edfects.Effects.PosterizeEffect

Version: 3.30.3026.26146

Author: Ed Harvey

Copyright: Copyright © 2006-2008, Ed Harvey

Full error message: PaintDotNet.BlockedPluginException: This plugin is now built-in to Paint.NET.

In the error message you quoted, the following line of it is the most important:

PaintDotNet.BlockedPluginException: This plugin is now built-in to Paint.NET. [Emphasis added]
So you won't see Posterize from Ed's package.

As to any other plugins not working, it might be useful at this point to list the steps you do take to install your plugins. Not how you should install them, rather how you do it. This might highlight any anomalies in your practice that could be causing this hindrance; we could carry on hailing questions at you, so it'd be helpful to narrow down our questioning.

Also:

moved to Troubleshooting & Bug Reports

ok. Here are the steps I take.

I download whatever plugin from the PDN forum and save it to the computer.

I open the file and extract the information to another folder.

I go into my computer and click on my PDN icon which gives me the option of a "Effects" folder or a "Fonts" folder.

I click on the "Effects" folder and open it up.

I highlight and drag whatever plugins I had extracted and drop them into the "Effects" folder.

I then close the windows and shut PDN and open it again.

I check to see if the new plugins are available and since my successful download of the "Dents" plugin, they have not been.

These are the steps I take when attempting to load new plugins.

As far as I know the files are unblocked. Like I said before. I have downloaded the "Dents" and "WaterReflection" plugin also and they are working just fine. Here is the screen shot of the "Effects" folder.

printscreen.jpg

Your files are in a folder on your Desktop called Paint.NET. They have to be in Program Files.

C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\

(may vary depending on where you installed Paint.NET)

Here's an easy way to find that directory. Right-click on the Paint.NET icon on your desktop or in the Start menu, then click Open file location. Double-click on Effects, and put the plugin DLLs there.

xZYt6wl.png

You are all a frickin' god send. The effects are all working. I thank you immensely. I have another question though. Sorry. I didn't see a folder in there for adding "Ghastly Panic" font. Where should I put it to make it work? The description I read before said place it in a "Fonts" folder but mine doesn't have one. Thank you so much, again. Now I can, at least, randomly pollute peoples lives with my terrible artwork. lol

Fonts are a system-wide resource that is part of Windows, not Paint.NET, so the Fonts folder is usually in C:\Windows\Fonts. You can move the files there, or you can right-click on the .TTF file and click Install.

xZYt6wl.png

Thank you so much, again. Can you tell I am only like 3 days into this? lol I am at your service though. You, indeed, are the man. I am proud and lucky to be apart of this amazing forum. See you guys around the campfire. Be cool, I remain....

-Boom