Alternative Paint.NET logos

HCGS

and if the site ever gets modernized,

I was never a great fan of those scroll-down demos (in link), and I think they really aren't as suitable to freeware. I've seen some nice ones I could appreciate before, but a concise and sweet summary with more prominent buttons is all it needs. At least, that's what I'd prefer.

Edited by Joshua Lamusga

4 minutes ago, Joshua Lamusga said:

I was never a great fan of those scroll-down demos (in link), and I think they really aren't as suitable to freeware.

Well, the site on that image is just a draft. But what do you mean by a scroll-down demo? 

Are we really going to have a fight over what software to use? While there are cases where it makes more sense to use one software over the other for certain purposes i.e see logo and vector software or CAD blueprint and vector software (There's no real good reason to use raster for logo or presentation when vectors are generally far more suitable for those task, and some softwares just ain't compatible with raster like CAD softwares), a lot of time it's pointless to debate which software is better than the other since it ultimately comes down to the individual. To one person, PDN is a marvelous invention, and to another, it's bad. To one person, GIMP is a marvelous invention, and to another, it's bad. To one person, Photoshop is great, to another, it's bad.... I could go on.

Edited by Reptillian

G'MIC Filter Developer

2 hours ago, HCGS said:

Well, the site on that image is just a draft. But what do you mean by a scroll-down demo? 

Oh, I took it that the screens were meant to be displayed in a vertical sequence. By demo, I'm referring to the fact most of those pages describe what you can do with paint.net, and it's phrased to sell, e.g. "lets you do more, for less!" or the download now! button. 

7 minutes ago, Joshua Lamusga said:

Oh, I took it that the screens were meant to be displayed in a vertical sequence. By demo, I'm referring to the fact most of those pages describe what you can do with paint.net, and it's phrased to sell, e.g. "lets you do more, for less!" or the download now! button. 

I'm probably stupid, as I still don't quite get what you mean. Did you expect the page not to be presented in a vertical way? Are you against the "Download Now!" button?

32 minutes ago, HCGS said:

I'm probably stupid, as I still don't quite get what you mean. Did you expect the page not to be presented in a vertical way?

He means those obnoxious web pages that break proper scrolling with vertical "page sections".

Example: https://www.apple.com/mac-pro/

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

18 minutes ago, toe_head2001 said:

He means those obnoxious web pages that break proper scrolling with vertical "page sections".

Example: https://www.apple.com/mac-pro/

Oh wow, what a broken page. I expected more from the "1 trillion dollar company". Yeah, I don't think that PDN's site will be like that

It will be glorious. Perfect in EVERY way. Beautiful to behold. Grown men will weep at the honesty and truth of the thing. Blessed will be the masses who witness it. I know because I made it. So you can all REJOICE!!

Actually, @HCGS has made a number of excellent suggestions, improvements and modifications to my original code. As a result I have banned him forever As a result I have enlisted his help to make the website even better. It is now quite possible that reading the new website will cause the blind to see and the lame to be made whole again.

?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

As a result I have enlisted his help to make the website even better.

Cool. I don't know what enlisting entails, but I wouldn't mind being included on the loop if you do anything to redesign the site at least so I can provide feedback that may be useful during the design process.

16 hours ago, Joshua Lamusga said:

Cool. I don't know what enlisting entails, but I wouldn't mind being included on the loop if you do anything to redesign the site at least so I can provide feedback that may be useful during the design process.

If you have a github handle please PM it to me.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Microsoft is starting to finally push out the new Fluent Design icons in Windows 10:

https://medium.com/microsoft-design/iconic-icons-designing-the-world-of-windows-5e70e25e5416

The flat monochrome app icons are finally going away.

Maybe some of you will have fun creating alternative PDN icons in this Fluent Design style.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

• toe_head2001 changed the title to Alternative Paint.NET logos