How to Install Plugins ×

Isometric Tiler

Mallaboro

<3 @Mallaboro

Welcome to :PaintDotNet32:family. Hopefully you'll have a lot of fun, too. Thank you for the sharing.  :cake: :coffee:

Edited by Seerose

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

• 3 weeks later...

I'm curious why the tree needs to be split into isometric tiles. I take it everything in Tiled must conform to tile shapes or something.

Edited by Joshua Lamusga

To make a game map. The tiled tree becomes a sprite which can be used over and over. An isometric tile version of this

RPGmap.png.0e64bc1458042556339502288d1d4

I've never made an isometric game, so I wouldn't know if it's normal to draw multiple sprites to compose one static image, but what I'm suggesting is that the tree shouldn't be split into isometric tiles at all, and the game tile & draw logic should accommodate untiled objects. I suppose it's a restriction of the Tiled software I'm not familiar with right now.

• 1 year later...

This looks like it could be great for creating the tile map itself. Maybe add a separate layer on top for the rest of the sprites? That way you could have a layer between where the characters can move and you could have them go behind the other sprites and be hidden momentarily. You would only need isometric sprites for collision detection on the middle (character) layer. Does any of that make sense? 

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I apologies but I am a noob at paint.net. But how do I use this tool? I was able to install but I can not figure out where the tool is located or how to use it properly. Im going to poke around some more but any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for developing this tool. It looks like it is going to make my life so much easier.  

Hey @kratom the tree - welcome to the forum :)

To find this plugin, look in the Effects > Stylize submenu.

• Upvote 1

@Ego Eram Reputo OMG Thank you so much! That was the fix. How would I go about extracting a individual tile? Also, how would I resize them? Also Is it possible to change the size of a tile? I need it to be this size. I think it is 50x28? Sorry for all the questions. Like I said I am quite a noob. 

2.png

Edited by kratom the tree

10 minutes ago, kratom the tree said:

@Ego Eram Reputo OMG Thank you so much! That was the fix. How would I go about extracting a individual tile? Also, how would I resize them? Also Is it possible to change the size of a tile? I need it to be this size. I think it is 50x28? Sorry for all the questions. Like I said I am quite a noob. 

2.png

There isn't, but you are welcome to dive into the source code and try to enable it.

G'MIC Filter Developer

5 minutes ago, Reptillian said:

There isn't, but you are welcome to dive into the source code and try to enable it.

Should I just try to crop each individual tile? 

3 minutes ago, LoudSilence said:

This plugin should help you depending on what you are using this plugin for

I'm not sure if that is it tbh. I am trying to make tile's for my 2d isometric game. I am trying to mimic this exact size and shape from the game assets. Here are some examples. the first are the tiles after I run the tool. The other 3 are tiles from the game.  

butterfly-wallpaper1.png

3.png

1.png

2.png

12 hours ago, kratom the tree said:

I am trying to mimic this exact size and shape from the game assets.

That was what i was afraid of, it's why i highlighted that it only works depending what you use it for

19 minutes ago, Reptillian said:

I do not know on how to address the OP's source code.

The link in the first post is still active. It's a codelab source file. Simply copy & paste it into the CodeLab editing window.

Edit: I've added the source to the first post in case the link dies.

Edited by Ego Eram Reputo

4 minutes ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

The link in the first post is still active. It's a codelab source file. Simply copy & paste it into the CodeLab editing window.

Edit: I've added the source to the first post in case the link dies.

I'm aware of how to copy and paste to there as well as making changes. The thing is I don't understand the OP code well enough to address it as a individual pdn plugin, hence my mentioning of gmic since I know that language really well.

G'MIC Filter Developer